M10 Holster - Need "bag/holster" for ski photography

HELM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looking for people who have skied with an M camera and what small holsters/bags they use. Saw the M10 Holster today and wanted to know peoples experience with it. Last year slung M10 over my shoulder under my coat and it kinda worked in Expert terrain/chutes but would like something that keeps it on my chest (no boucing around) yet easy to pull out. Classic Lowepro sling is to BIG. Ideas? Feedback.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Padded would be better! Skiing in powder makes the infrequent  "hard" falls softer but I totally agree a padded holster is my preferred path as not every day is a powder day. The Leica Holster looks to be urban focused not back country

20 minutes ago, Gobert said:

Hopefully nothing wrong with the M9?

It was generally trashed. Thanks to a good word forward when I sent it to NJ for repair, it came back as good new in three weeks, maybe better than new - all at my expense of course

Edited by pico

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A perfect holster for extreme activities would include a semi-rigid back to distribute shock over a reasonably wide area. I doubt anyone makes such as thing but looking at Motocross protection might provide a clue.

Ah, never mind. Such would require new invention to maintain the freedom of movement you require. Very, very best of luck!

Edited by pico

Thanks Pico. Steve, I've skiid with a backpack for years and years and getting  on/off the chairlift where you have to sling it around to your front plus digging around for the camera is why I'm thinking front holster. I may end up once again with my backpack if nothing pops up