Forum reduces the file size of my images

tritentrue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I size my images within the dimension parameters set by the site.  Images that I upload are generally between 600 and 990kb, and the site accepts the uploads.

However, since about October 11, the site has been reducing the file size of my uploads by about 60%, significantly diminishing the already-limited quality of my images.

A search of the site for a solution turned up a screen grab of an interface for "file settings;" but I cannot find any such option on the current website's interface.

I have written to LUF Admin about the issue and have yet to receive a response.  Afterwards I also wrote to a moderator, who suggested that I write to LUF Admin.

If anyone has a solution to this, I'd appreciate hearing it.

2 hours ago, DAU said:

There's a similar complaint on the German side of the forum: Du kannst nur 501,76kB hochladen

Thanks for that info.  Maybe the issue will get some attention.

2 hours ago, frame-it said:

keep it 1280 on the long side and 495kb..then it should not recompress the file

Thank you.

My uploads can be up to 1000kb.  My "long side" is never more than 1280 pixels.  When I upload, the site accepts file sizes up to 1000kb. If the file is less than 1000kb, the site displays the remaining allowable upload amount. 

The problem is that after the file is uploaded, the image that is displayed on the site has been reduced by about 60% or more from the uploaded file.

Larger uploads were the perk that induced me to subscribe to premium membership, which is why I'm curious to know why my files are being reduced in size.

The dimensions display at full size, yes, but the size is still that of the reduced file.

For instance, an image I uploaded in the CL image thread a short while ago was saved in CS6 at 825kb.  The image shown on the main forum page is 337kb.  The image that opens in the pop-up window is also 337kb, before and after clicking on it.

File size of images that I posted on this website prior to October 11 are the same size that I uploaded.

Still no response from LUF Admin, nor any indication that he has even looked at the message I sent.