How to debug CL video playback skipping

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I took a new (and my first) Leica CL to Europe this summer and recorded some video.  Playback in the camera showed skipping every 15 seconds or so.  How do I figure out if this is an issue with my memory card, the settings I used for the video capture, or something else?  I do not own video editing s/w and was hoping to just post the videos as is on social media, but won't do so because of the quality I got.  I ended up using my iPhone instead for video on the trip :( .  I was using a SanDisk Extreme PRO 95 Mb/s SDXC card with a little 3 inside of a U and a 10 in a circle on it.

17 hours ago, lmeyer55 said:

I took a new (and my first) Leica CL to Europe this summer and recorded some video.  Playback in the camera showed skipping every 15 seconds or so.  How do I figure out if this is an issue with my memory card, the settings I used for the video capture, or something else?  I do not own video editing s/w and was hoping to just post the videos as is on social media, but won't do so because of the quality I got.  I ended up using my iPhone instead for video on the trip :( .  I was using a SanDisk Extreme PRO 95 Mb/s SDXC card with a little 3 inside of a U and a 10 in a circle on it.

Have you tried viewing the footage on a computer? I don't think you'd need special software to just watch it through - that'd narrow down the potential culprits of the problem

• Like 1