M10-P “Bold Gray” limited camera announced, love or hate?

roverover

I'm sorry, but anyone who "loves" or "hates" a camera color has issues in need of professional help beyond the scope of this forum. ;)

I had a "steel-gray" M9 for a while - didn't care about the color - would have preferred chrome (silver or black or gray) only because it is tougher and more wear-resistant.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/10/2018 at 9:27 PM, pico said:

In the late Forties to Fifties we saw a lot of gray products. My father, a Navy officer, joked that there was a lot of such paint overstocked by the military. I hope it was a joke.

My father always quoted the colour of our early VW Beetle as ‘battleship gray’.... he was in Germany soon after WWII and there might be more than the hint of a joke to this...;-)

On 11/11/2018 at 5:45 AM, adan said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who "loves" or "hates" a camera color has issues in need of professional help beyond the scope of this forum. ;)

I had a "steel-gray" M9 for a while - didn't care about the color - would have preferred chrome (silver or black or gray) only because it is tougher and more wear-resistant.

That’s like saying you shouldn’t care about the colour of a new car.  Almost everybody does.  I for one am very colour conscious!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

That’s like saying you shouldn’t care about the colour of a new car.  Almost everybody does.  I for one am very colour conscious!

Ah, but where can we find a Leica in Blizzard Pearl?

• Haha 1

Enhhh - I usually buy only silver cars - reflective to keep them cool in summer, but hide grime better than white. However, took white (second choice) in my most recent purchase as it was all that was available with a manual Xmission (far more important characteristic).

For me a camera is a tool - anyone here buy hammers based on whether they are red, gray, blue or pink?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 2

When I was a kid I worked as a Gopher for a Harley-Davidson mechanic. My introduction to the trade happened almost right away when a mechanic said, "Gopher, gimme a wrench!" I asked, "What kind?" He shouted in exasperation, "A big one! I'm just gonna use it as a hammer!"

Another, "Gopher ya got me a one-inch wrench! This is a 15/16" nut. Aw, just hand me that #2 screwdriver." He jams the screwdriver between the nut and wrench and turns. It worked.

Edited by pico