M10-P “Bold Gray” limited camera announced, love or hate?

roverover

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone else "like" the look of the new BOLD GRAY Limited Edition M-10P?
I have to admit, I like the cosmetics, although I do not feel tempted to pay quite so much for a "look" when I consider that it will likely only have 1 "matching" lens in the system.
It may tempt collectors and users who solely shoot with a 35mm, which i don't, but I DO find myself attracted to it! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

There's a lot more pictures at leicarumors... And I must say, it doesn't look good at all. Especially the back of the camera looks completely horrible.
Not a fan at all. And I think it's strange that special editions of the M10-P is already arriving before the standard version of the -P is stocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverover said:

Does anyone else "like" the look of the new BOLD GRAY Limited Edition M-10P?
I have to admit, I like the cosmetics, although I do not feel tempted to pay quite so much for a "look" when I consider that it will likely only have 1 "matching" lens in the system.
It may tempt collectors and users who solely shoot with a 35mm, which i don't, but I DO find myself attracted to it! 

Nah, the screw’s not straight. Terrible quality control!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It needs a blue leather wrap; marine or ocean or similar.  That "grey" leather looks quite beige in comparison to the steel blue-grey of the top and bottom plates.

Leica, feel free to consult me on future limited editions! 🧐😆

Edited by Simon
  • Like 1

Not to my taste although I feel sure it will appeal to some and it's great that Leica offers the opportunity to own something different.

The red shutter button looks like it's been left exposed by a cover part falling off (although that's clearly not the case).  I suspect that the designer(s) felt it would add a dash of colour or a focal point (please excuse the pun) but to me it simply 'unbalances' the camera.

Pete.

Not bad - but I still prefer chrome, as my tastes were formed in the '50s & '60s when chrome was classy.

I assume on this model lens that the hood is free to rotate? Notice the hood cutouts are oriented in the picture so they would obstruct the VF some. They should pay more attention to product photos.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, ianman said:

I'm surprised but for once, yes I do like it. Although I'd prefer it with just grey paint and black covering.

Something like this...

• Like 1

I have owned an M-E and came to dislike the grey metal finish.  To me, it seemed to cheapen the camera’s overall appearance.  I wonder if this new grey camera reincarnates the M-E finish.  One thing in favor of the M-E was that it was cheaper than the M-9.  As I estimate it, this new grey camera may be twice as expensive as comparable off-the-shelf equipment.  I’ll pass.  Tom

I am not enamored but if someone bought it and offered it to me then.....

On a serious note, these special editions serve a serious purpose: they are a source of significant revenue from collectors. Many German companies do this. My late father was a Marklin train enthusiast and collected all the special editions as well. 

I am grateful that Leica brings out these modified cameras as it defrays the cost to some extent for the regular cameras and photographers...

Thank you, Leica collectors!!

Albert 😋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etruscello said:

I have owned an M-E and came to dislike the grey metal finish.  To me, it seemed to cheapen the camera’s overall appearance.  I wonder if this new grey camera reincarnates the M-E finish.  One thing in favor of the M-E was that it was cheaper than the M-9.  As I estimate it, this new grey camera may be twice as expensive as comparable off-the-shelf equipment.  I’ll pass.  Tom

Somebody else pointed out on Leicarumours that grey paint is leftover from Leica M-E.

• Like 1

Hi again

Not the M10, but the 240 I believe. Produced for the opening of Leica Store Oslo 11th of may, 2017.

• Like 1