No C-Lux in new Fotos app

6 hours ago, jenmol said:

The new Fotos app is released and, despite the description that it is for all Leica cameras with wifi, the C-Lux is not listed.

I am beginning to believe that Leica put their badge on the C-Lux but don’t really consider it a real Leica camera. Very disappointing.

I noticed that as well.  Just bought a new C-Lux for my wife and was disappointed to see it's missing in the App.  Maybe soon.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:07 AM, jenmol said:

The new Fotos app is released and, despite the description that it is for all Leica cameras with wifi, the C-Lux is not listed.

I am beginning to believe that Leica put their badge on the C-Lux but don’t really consider it a real Leica camera. Very disappointing.

I’ve read online or in LFI that due to lack of time not all Leica cameras are included yet. There is still hope that the C-Lux or other like the C Typ112 or X Typ 113 (all wifi enabled) may be in the final version of the App. The D-Lux and V-Lux, also Panasonic based, are already available in the App.

Best

I have downloaded the photos app for my D-Lux, I hope I am just missing some setting but it seems to me the old Image Shuttle app had a lot more control over the camera, I cannot see how to change exposure settings or zoom using the app. These were all possible in Image Shuttle.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:07 AM, jenmol said:

I was a beta tester for this app, and one day the C Lux Typ 1546 was in the app, and the next it was gone.  I even uploaded some images from my C Lux and messed around remotely controlling the camera with the app. I raised it via the beta testing thread, but had no response.  Bizarre, given that this is the latest new product released (I exclude the M10-P and M10-D, 'cos they're just M10s as far as the app goes).

11 hours ago, jcraf said:

I was a beta tester for this app, and one day the C Lux Typ 1546 was in the app, and the next it was gone.  I even uploaded some images from my C Lux and messed around remotely controlling the camera with the app. I raised it via the beta testing thread, but had no response.  Bizarre, given that this is the latest new product released (I exclude the M10-P and M10-D, 'cos they're just M10s as far as the app goes).

Well that is annoying that it had already been in the new app. I had applied to be a beta tester but never got notified to download the beta app. Just wish I had been able to compare the beta with the current C-Lux app.

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2018 at 1:14 PM, vikasmg said:

I noticed that as well.  Just bought a new C-Lux for my wife and was disappointed to see it's missing in the App.  Maybe soon.

Hello Vikas, I know this is off-topic, but how do you like the C-Lux? There is almost no talk of the C-Lux on this forum, so since you have one I thought of asking. How do you find the colour rendition, and lens sharpness (especially at the longer end of the zoom range?).

Thanks in advance.

Firoze

17 hours ago, firoze said:

Hello Vikas, I know this is off-topic, but how do you like the C-Lux? There is almost no talk of the C-Lux on this forum, so since you have one I thought of asking. How do you find the colour rendition, and lens sharpness (especially at the longer end of the zoom range?).

Thanks in advance.

Firoze

Hi Firoze, I just sent you a personal message on this.  In a line:  Great camera because of it's combination of size, zoom range and fairly good images, but if you are willing trade off size and cost you can get better images.

Edited by vikasmg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vikasmg said:

Hi Firoze, I just sent you a personal message on this.  In a line:  Great camera because of it's combination of size, zoom range and fairly good images, but if you are willing trade off size and cost you can get better images.

Hello Vikas, thank you, I have replied to your message. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 6:37 AM, jenmol said:

The iOS Fotos app now supports the C-Lux, both the iPhone and iPad versions. The C-Lux is included in the list of supported cameras in the description of the app on the Appstore. 

Can anyone tell me whether one can transfer jpegs from the C-Lux to the iOS device with the free version of the app?