Leica M10-D Officially Announced – Digital heart, analogue soul

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It seems that I am in the minority. I applaud Leica's willingness to explore these more limited, esoteric expressions. Clearly, it is not (or supposed to be) for everyone. There are supply/demand economics at play here. I think we have to assume that Leica has a grip on what it's consumer's want and will afford. Don't you think that the introduction and relative success of the SL has allowed for the M to remain more "M-like" in the future? Cheers--lt

Edited by Linford
  • Like 2

@Linford

you and I are on the same page with the m10D.

Regarding your comment about the SL. To me I think the folks who are upset with the release of the m10D are wanting the M to be more SL-like. Which is taking in more technology to become a lot like a “computer” ala A7-ish.  The SL allows Leica to explore that market and helps keep the M on track of basically being an M. (Just realizing how silly we all sound talking about leicas hehe)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Linford - I agree with your assessment that Leica is looking to find solutions that cover different photographers needs and I applaud them. If I really wanted a a touch screen and more buttons and whistles there are other Leica cameras for me to buy.  If users require a LCD back - I'm pretty sure you can buy one. I own the M10 and bought the LEICA 1/2 case to protect the rear LCD. I bought the M10 - D and did not move the case over. It's slimmer, feels solid as a rock and I don't worry about it. I don't feel need to chimp and worry about my focus plane, if you do need to chimp then by all means buy the M10 or M10-P, right? If it's a critical close up at f2 then I focus bracket or rock my body back and forth ... another image is free the way I shoot the M (note I'm not claiming it works for you). 2nd weekend out shooting and my hit/miss ratio feels exactly like my M10 was. The M10-D is a 2 seat car, of course it doesn't carry 4 people. It is the internet so people can complain about people who drive 2 seat cars all day 🙂. I have been using my Android tablet/Fotos and Lightroom CC for editing and I  like the smoothness/portability. The days of a card reader will soon feel like the days of computer mice and keyboards that HAD to be connected for my Leica use.

Edited by HELM
spell
  • Like 3