New (!) review of the Q

bags27

7 minutes ago, antigallican said:

I liked it too. I just wish he wasn’t quite so loquacious

Loquacious.....I had to look this up, as English  is not my native language. 

Though....coming from him I have no problem with his style. It has somekind of deliberate and easy going pace.

Completely in line in how you should use the Leica Q.;)

1 hour ago, MLochmansPhoto said:

Loquacious.....I had to look this up, as English  is not my native language. 

Though....coming from him I have no problem with his style. It has somekind of deliberate and easy going pace.

Completely in line in how you should use the Leica Q.;)

If Latin were your native language you'd know what it means. Of course, if Latin were your native language, you'd be dead for at least 600 years.... 😀

Edited by bags27
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bags27 said:

If Latin were your native language you'd know what it means. Of course, if Latin were your native language, you'd be dead for at least 600 years.... 😀

.........you'd be dead for at least 600 years.... 

That's how I felt this morning after an over-abundant diner with too much wine yesterday evening.😉 

Luckily a  good  cup of coffee cured me and miraculously gave me back  657 years.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He does look like he could have been sent over by Central Casting.  Thanks bags for this. He is from an upscale suburb of Philadelphia, and all the video and stills (including a model who I've also shot) in the You Tube are in Manhattan.  Since he clearly has an arrangement with B&H it makes sense he's shooting it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't understand a word of what he said.

All I know is I got a Q the day it was released in June 2015 as my dealer had a couple come in and only one pre-ordered, and I happened to be passing his shop. So I was £2,900 poorer, but still love it and was using it today, leaving the M10 at home. 

The narrative sounded as if it belonged in one of the scenes of Grand Budapest Hotel (the movie). The acting was a bit overkill and his facial expressions and well thought pauses and vocal tone changes got on my nerves after a while. I am not quite sure why he was singing praises to the remote app because the latter in my opinion is the worst feature of the Q and an absolute nightmare to use. I do hope that the Fotos app does turn up to be as easy to use as he says and not just the usual hype.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:42 PM, bags27 said:

Half of Europe uses languages which are straightforwardly derived frm Latin - Italians, the French, the Spanish, Romanians. Germans use Latin grammar (Mich und Mir?). We English are just in a mess, with a bit of everything, as always.

• Like 1

Loquacious = talks a lot of bla bla bla and no essence. Basically the same could have been said in a few words. I couldn't pass the first 5 min.... a lot of talk and no pictures, this is photography, not theology, and seems to be an issue with many Leica users, is all about the philosophy, but where are the pictures? :(

Edited by Malabito

7 hours ago, Malabito said:

Loquacious = talks a lot of bla bla bla and no essence. Basically the same could have been said in a few words. I couldn't pass the first 5 min.... a lot of talk and no pictures, this is photography, not theology, and seems to be an issue with many Leica users, is all about the philosophy, but where are the pictures? :(

......a lot of talk and no pictures, this is photography, not theology, and seems to be an issue with many Leica users, is all about the philosophy, but where are the pictures?

Could you please elucidate this last part? I'll understand and respect the fact that you have problems with his style of reviewing...as did some others over here. 

It's your last sentence that confuses me a bit.

• Like 1