david strachan

2. TonyW

TonyW

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By simonCL
      Hi all! 

Apologies in advance for the length of this post! 

I was wondering if you all are able to give me some advice or words of wisdom on whether I should get a Rangefinder Leica. 

At the moment I’m currently using and enjoying my Leica CL & 23mm f2 Summicron. Purchased in Oct 2018. I absolutely love shooting with the CL and for me it was the upgrade I was always wanting. I even adapt some rare and unique vintage m42 lenses to it and get some amazing results. 

Now I’m no professional photographer, just a hobby shooter but the Leica CL I have had really developed my love and passion for photography. At the time of purchasing the CL I was using a Nikon D7500 which I still have (but never use) so for me, at the time the CL was the next step up, and I never thought of going for a rangefinder (couldn’t afford the m10 and lenses anyway lol). 

But now having visited the Sydney Leica store on many occasions to try out the M10 and the rangefinder systems, I’ve grown more interest for a Rangefinder. 

I’m interested in the M240, maybe the M262. I like the appeal of a brassing body though (a bit of individualism I’d say). But honestly I’m not sure which system to go for (and I don’t have the money for a new M10). 

What are the PROS and CONS for each system? What makes you want to stay with that system? (if you have one) what would you recommend I do or go for? 

Now I’ve done heaps of research and reviews on both systems but I really want to hear from everyday people who use them. 

Thanks! 
    • By clngood
      Hi guys,

Recently I bought a new Leica M-E (typ240)and it's basically an M240. And a few days ago, when I tried to do some continuous shootings (the shutter not being hold all the way, but rapidly pressing the shutter when the screen was black and the red light was flashing), I found out that among a series of photos I shot at the same scene, there was one that was a bit underexposured (you can obviously tell the difference between that one and others), and this kind of issue happened a few times when they were all ISO, Shutter speed Auto, and the aperture was fixed.

After noticing that, I started to do some continuous shootings of over 10 photos to testify it, and there was even one black frame, but others were fine, and judging from the exposure parameter, there was absolutely no possibility that one could be a black frame. When I got back home, I did a few more rounds of continuous shootings, and I even tried to make ISO, Shutter speed and aperture all fixed, and Underexposure issue happened again.

The firmware is the latest one (2.0.6.0). So I'm wondering if you guys have had the same issue? Is it normal? And how to deal with it?

• By 35mmview
      I'm thinking of going to the Holi festival in Delhi (the coloured dust thrown everywhere one) this year and obviously want to take my M240.
      I can throw on a 15mm lens which means I can pretty much point and shoot but what is the best way to protect the whole thing.
      Is it freezer bags and tape are are there custom options?
      Many thanks in advance, Dave.
    • By thgbrian
      Hello Everyone, 
      My M240's Shutter Speed dial has become misaligned. When set to A the camera reads 1/30th.

Does anyone know how to fix this or do I have to send it into Leica? If so, how much would something like this cost to get fixed?

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy