Issue with Photoshop CC 2019 Version 20.0

zeitz

I downloaded MacOS Mohave 10.14.1 last night.  In the changes listing Apple mentioned improvements in compatibility.  I regret to say Photoshop CC with "Use Graphics Processor" enabled still fails to open for me.  Note there are over 70 new emojis in 10.14.1.  If you don't need the emojis, I would recommend staying with High Sierra.

I reverted to version 14.0 64 bit which now works.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by pico

That's an old version, Pico.  The oldest version I still have on my computer is 19.1.6.  I still expect Adobe to release a new version of 20.0.0 in the next few days.  I sure hope so.  Without the graphics processor, Photoshop is slow for me.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, pico said:

New Photoshop Sucks. The designers should be fired.

It crashes upon opening. Always.

Which version is that? I have the CC subscription version, its up to date and gives no problems  (PC Windows 10)

Gerry 

I have found Photoshop CC 2019 to ba a huge memory hog, on my Mac my activity monitor tells me CC 2019 is using over 2GB of RAM, CC 2018 only uses about 650MB. I have switched back to 2018 in the hopes this will be fixed in the future.

Edited by mikemgb

Photoshop on the new iPad, as demonstrated by Apple, looked like fun. With a movie streaming service, iCloud document store and system backup, iTunes music store and Adobe photo store I could move to iPad and retire my iMac and Windows VM. Clear the desk of USB disk drives too. Oh and would need a big screen.

Am 30.10.2018 um 23:03 schrieb pico:

New Photoshop sucks. The designers should be fired. It crashes upon opening. Always.

Sorry to hear that—but it's entirely your problem, not Photoshop's or Adobe's. Obviously something went haywire with your machine and/or installation.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb mikemgb:

I have found Photoshop CC 2019 to ba a huge memory hog, on my Mac my activity monitor tells me CC 2019 is using over 2GB of RAM, CC 2018 only uses about 650MB. I have switched back to 2018 in the hopes this will be fixed in the future.

Again—your problem, not everybody's. On my machine (Windows 7SP1, 16 GB RAM), for example, Photoshop CC 2019 grabs about 400 MB of RAM when just launching the program without loading a document.

01af, after several discussions with Adobe customer support, it is in fact Adobe's problem which is an incompatibility with the MacOS.  Adobe promises a new release soon.  Please folks, read the more detailed thread on the Digital Processing Forum.

A plea.  When you post about software and computer hardware, please give the exact software release, such as MacOS 10.14.1 and Photoshop CC 20.0.0, and the computer model, processors and RAM it runs on.  It is impossible to do any diagnosis or comparison without exact information.  01af did well describing your system.  Is Windows 7 still supported?  Pico, I don't know what OS and computer you are using.

1 hour ago, zeitz said:

Pico, I don't know what OS and computer you are using.

Model Name:    MacBook Pro (15", 2016)
Model Identifier:    MacBookPro13,3
Processor Name:    Intel Core i7
Memory:    16 GB

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.1

Intel HD Graphics 530:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 530
Type:    GPU
Bus:    Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max):    1536 MB
Vendor:    Intel

Thanks, Pico.  I thought my AMD FirePro D500 GPU might be the issue.  But your Intel Graphics 530 shows the issue is more widespread.  I wonder if Photoshop CC 2019 works correctly on MacOS High Sierra.  If I don't see a new version of Photoshop CC 2019 by Monday, I'm going to re-contact my Adobe support lady.

For now I continue to Photoshop CC 2019 with "Use Graphics Processor" turned off.  But I may go back to using Photoshop CC 2018 which is still on my main drive.

Keith, could you click on the Apple icon in the upper left, and then "About this Mac"?  I'm curious as to what the Graphics is.  I would guess it is an Intel Iris with some designation.  I'm now having trouble loading even with "Use Graphics Processor" unchecked.  I have contacted Adobe support again, but have not heard back.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:20 PM, zeitz said:

Keith, could you click on the Apple icon in the upper left, and then "About this Mac"?  I'm curious as to what the Graphics is.  I would guess it is an Intel Iris with some designation.  I'm now having trouble loading even with "Use Graphics Processor" unchecked.  I have contacted Adobe support again, but have not heard back.

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 Mb

I use Photoshop all the time.

I am running OS Mojave and using Photoshop with "Use Graphics Processor" enabled without any noticeable issues - PS CC 20.0.0 on my 2018 MacBook Pro (32Gb, 1TB SSD and an Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB) in addition to LR Classic CC with Mojave 10.14.1.

I installed Mojave on my 2015 27" iMac at home a few days after the OS was available and didn't notice any issues with Photoshop either. Mind you, I have been traveling with my laptop since about a week after I upgraded my iMac.

Cheers.