50mm f/2 Summicron LTM Special Version Accessories Questions

Hello

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello friends!

I recently purchased this lens and a had a few questions about the accessories that were originally included in the box with this kit. I was unsure if it belonged in the M Mount lens thread but figured it's okay as it was a lens designed for M Mount but given a limited LTM run. If I'm mistaken, then please forgive me.

Once I got the lens, I realized that the rear cap and front cap were missing.  Being the crazy completionist I am, is there a specific parts number for the original front and rear cap? I'm aware any LTM rear cap will do but really just curious about the original one included. Also, the front is an E39 size but this lens has the retractable hood. Is there a specific model front cap for this lens as well?

I'm enjoying using it, though soming from a 50mm Summarit-M 2.4 version, I;m finding the ergonomics to be not as snappy when it comes to focus. But, it's nice having a lens that is optional for M and LTM gear.

Thanks for your help!

Summicron 50/2 LTM # 11619 with regular clip-on front lens cap # 14038 and special screw-on rear lens cap i don't recall the code number sorry.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting topic concerning ltm lens cap original rear lens cap for Leica,

My ltm 11619 came with rear cap ( seen in lct post ) aluminium in silver like the one in post #13 of the linked thread.

Maybe a tad taller as I interchange those rear caps often between my lenses.

Front cap is plastic 14038  ( quite a shame 😏 ) for this all metal beauty.

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1