C-41 kit questions

Gen Feuillard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Troubleshooting a couple of things....

I spend some time searching around deposits in developper ( filmphotography kits) all around, haven't seen anything similar to my problem. I'm wondering if I should wash my films even more (I develop  a lot of expired films) or if it's a question of how I store it. Even though I can still develop, I filter it everytime I'm doing a batch, and just fid this phenomenon highly abnormal. It's a flaky, snowy depostis that grow from batch to batch.  I use 1l plastic bottle, and this phenomenon doesn"t appear in y Blix or stabilizer, i'm super prudent of cross-contamination...

Also, I have a hard time simply putting my negatives in the roller, since I received a batch of super expired films who are super tight and super thought to put in the reel . 
I used to do that while my chemistries are slowly heating up, however for the past 2 sessions, I battled so hard with my films that I lost my temperature. I was wondering if rolling my negatives in advance and  then start the heating-waiting process of my blix-developper would affect the film. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use the powder presskits (they all seem to be exactly the same whether labelled Jobo, Unicolor or Argentix) and there will be tiny deposits leading to tiny white specks on the final image if used straightaway. I now filter them through a piece of kitchen paper towel folded into a funnel if I am going to use them immediately after mixing and this gets rid of nearly all the specks. But if you're talking about crystals that precipitate into solutions after mixing I'd guess you are keeping them too long. I've not seen that happen to my solutions, which I keep in a cool place (~10ºC) in black concertina bottles with the air squeezed out. I can keep solutions for about two months this way with no harm.

There's no harm at all in placing your films onto the reels before starting to warm the solutions.