Observation on XV Photos

goatsby

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone else noticed that the Leica X Vario has more pages in the pinned photos section than most other Leica cameras? I know it won't make a difference to Leica, but it is an interesting legacy. Or maybe we all just love using this camera! Thoughts always appreciated!

Adam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a fun camera to shoot. Still enthusiastic about mine.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Adam,

This is a good observation you make. I think some other Leica models, tend to come and go quickly and can't help but compare this camera to the new CL even though that one is "better" outclassing this camera in several respects. In spite of the specs, I find I am drawn to both X-Vario and also my X-113, both of which could be purchased together used for the price of a new CL body!  The X-Vario is not without quirks, but I am fine to live with them because of the way the camera draws, ease of use, layout and so on. And the dials are real mechanical ones making it feel in design, and aesthetic in the tradition of Leicas I've owned and loved over the decades. 

Of course how the images and files work to process is critical. There is something for sure in having lens and sensor optimized with fixed lens cameras.

David

• Like 6

Whenever I visit this thread it reminds me of the many files on my computer that never made it for a print. It's a pity, as there are some pictures, that would probably deserve it :) Hope you don't mind sharing some of my older files here, as the next two from Abu Dhabi:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

And a skyline in the last light of the day:

Just saw that I lost the track here. Thought to be in the pinned thread for the X Vario... 

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 11