Nobel Laureate 2017

albert

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Bob Dylan, for Literature

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

&

• Like 5

• Like 3

Lovely mural and set.  I've never been a fan of his, and you can read a different take on the young Bob in Dave Van Ronk's book "The Mayor of MacDougal Street," in which you see Bobby in his first two years in NYC.

7 hours ago, stuny said:

Lovely mural and set.  I've never been a fan of his, and you can read a different take on the young Bob in Dave Van Ronk's book "The Mayor of MacDougal Street," in which you see Bobby in his first two years in NYC.

I’ve always loved his honest words. I believe, just as the Nobel Committee did, that he is one of the greatest poets to have ever lived. He spent two decades in Minnesota before he hit the Big Bohemian. 

But, you are still my favorite New Yorker. 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wonderful set. Thank you so much for posting. I immediately went to Google maps to see how long is the drive for me to Minneapolis...  looks like it will have to be a flight.. someday!  Lately, I've been noticing wonderful graphic wall art popping up in the cities. Great trend!

11 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Wonderful set. Thank you so much for posting. I immediately went to Google maps to see how long is the drive for me to Minneapolis...  looks like it will have to be a flight.. someday!  Lately, I've been noticing wonderful graphic wall art popping up in the cities. Great trend!

I’ll give you a personal tour once you land. It’s the least that I can do for a Dylan-Person. 

• Like 1

Spring & Fall r also my fav time to take images. I'm always afraid in the freezing weather, I may untimely lying in a coffin with a Leica frozen to my cheekbones. Altho' I'm kinda getting twitchy index finger to go out & shoot for the fall.. Thnx ...but dang!! that IS one great art work. Congrats to the city's planning commission. 

BTW. Stuart, I'm in Cleveland 'burbs, so we get all kinda weather.

Speaking of driving in the winter,I spent a good amount of time in N.C & those southern boys have no clue how to drive or take care of rds in the winter, Jeez! Watching a Halloween movie is lot more relaxing.

Edited by ShawnK

5 minutes ago, ShawnK said:

Spring & Fall r also my fav time to take images. I'm always afraid in the freezing weather, I may untimely lying in a coffin with a Leica frozen to my cheekbones. Altho' I'm kinda getting twitchy index finger to go out & shoot for the fall.. Thnx ...but dang!! that IS one great art work. Congrats to the city's planning commission. 

BTW. Stuart, I'm in Cleveland 'burbs, so we get all kinda weather.

We make fun of ourselves for living here. Stuart is correct, Winter is deadly and brutal. Remember, there is no bad weather just poor clothing choices. 

• Like 1

Shawn - Yes, Cleveland suffers a lake effect, so you have plenty of experience with snow, if not the biting cold (think of the movie "Fargo."  I spent  most of my USAF time in Grand Forks, ND, and if we wanted good civilization we headed to Al's neighborhood, or sometimes to Winnipeg.

Al - Absolutely correct.  My first day in Grand Forks was December 26, when it was 35 below with a 40 knot wind, wearing uniform items from my Texas assignment.  One of my first tasks was getting issued cold weather gear.

3 hours ago, stuny said:

Shawn - Yes, Cleveland suffers a lake effect, so you have plenty of experience with snow, if not the biting cold (think of the movie "Fargo."  I spent  most of my USAF time in Grand Forks, ND, and if we wanted good civilization we headed to Al's neighborhood, or sometimes to Winnipeg.

Al - Absolutely correct.  My first day in Grand Forks was December 26, when it was 35 below with a 40 knot wind, wearing uniform items from my Texas assignment.  One of my first tasks was getting issued cold weather gear.

Now I recall the original song, "N.D, N,D. If I can make it there. I can make it anywhere.." so NY is a cakewalk for you Stuart, eh? ;) "Fargo", maybe I'll pass on that side trip, as I do love Milkshakes, you betcha!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Now I recall the original song, "N.D, N,D. If I can make it there. I can make it anywhere.." so NY is a cakewalk for you Stuart, eh? ;) "Fargo", maybe I'll pass on that side trip, as I do love Milkshakes, you betcha!

I’ll send you all the Dylan photographs that I have.....if you so request. 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 11:25 AM, stuny said:

In Winnipeg we envy the warmer, shorter winters Minneapolis has. I’ll be passing thru Minneapolis Oct 21 and again Oct 25. Hopefully I’ll I’ll have time to look at this. I’m a Dylan fan.

• Haha 1