Table center decoration

Pecole

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We had some friends for dinner yesterday. My wife decided that the middle of the table needed some kind of decoration : she went to the garden, came back after five minutes and arranged this in another five minutes. My Leica could not resist…

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 12:26, Pecole said:

Tuvimos algunos amigos para cenar ayer. Mi esposa decidió que el centro de la mesa necesitaba algún tipo de decoración: fue al jardín, regresó después de cinco minutos y lo arregló en otros cinco minutos. Mi Leica no pudo resistir ...

The photo looks very good.
Clear and with bright colors.

And having so many leicas. How is it possible that you use a camera made by Panasonic that is a copy of your camera equivalent? ...

I would like to know those reasons.

a greeting

First of all, my dear Dopaco and neighbour, thanks a lot for your compliments. Second, I do not understand your remark about the camera : my V-Lux 20 is well "leica Camera Germany" with "Leica DC Vario-Elmar Asph." lens...even if made in Japan. And it is true it is very similar to the Panasonic (also with Leica lens) I recently offered to one of my granddaughters. But it is so easy to use and to transport in a pocket...and it is digital!

Now about my "numerous Leicas" : it is true that about 200 bodies, 350 lenses and 1,000 accessories came through my Fontenelle collection, and that there were times when I had simultaneously more than 100 bodies and 180 lenses. But now, at 84 years of age , I just keep 3 or 4 bodies and the same number of lenses for nostalgy only (they use films!). Next to quite a big Leica library, OK! I got quit of my collection to avoid problems to my beloved spouse (for 56 years now) when I leave this world.

Happy to have had this chat with you, and to have had an occasion to judge the automatic translation system.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Equally happy to have had chat with you.

I am also a person who is 75 years old and I bought Panasonic cameras that I then gave to my granddaughters because I liked the Leica version (Panasonic X100 / Leica D-lux109). To be honest, I do not see big differences in the results, just the name of Leica / Leica and Panasonic / Leica, but the name and small details may be enough to lean on the Leica version. I understand perfectly that you like the Leica version more. The same happens to me.

I also have 3 telemetry cameras Leica M8 and 2 LMT Leica IIIF and IIIG, which I try to know its operation and, above all, have fun with the attempt.

I have to thank the existence of this and other forums and, above all, the people that comprise it (among which I include you) the important information that exists in them makes navigating very intuitive and pleasant.

a greeting

• Like 1