schllnbrgr

Leica M App - No focus peaking?

Hey all,

so this is my first post on the forum, i just got my M10 about a week ago.

I just installed the "Leica M App" (on iPhone) and connected it to the M10.
If i start the "remote live-view" i cant see the focus peaking in the app, on the camera screen it is available.

i thought the camera just streams the live view to the app. Is there any configuration to enable this or is this a technical limitation i cant think of?
Is it possible in the upcoming Leica Fotos App?

Thanks!

The (old) Leica M app allows to zoom into the picture, but no focus peaking.

The new „Leica Photos App“ does not even allow zooming in or choosing a certain focussing point. Even worse the live-view remote view is restricted to your display being in verical mode, so you cannot choose the long side of your devices display to get a larger view, which you could with the old Leica M app.

As long as there is no change for the new „Photos App“ it‘s remote functions are a setback compared to the old app.

9 hours ago, UliWer said:

The new „Leica Photos App“ does not even allow zooming in or choosing a certain focussing point. Even worse the live-view remote view is restricted to your display being in verical mode, so you cannot choose the long side of your devices display to get a larger view, which you could with the old Leica M app.

As long as there is no change for the new „Photos App“ it‘s remote functions are a setback compared to the old app.

It really annoys me that I can't see the image in a larger horizontal mode.

12 hours ago, UliWer said:

Hi UliWer, 

The FOTOS app does support zooming for both iOS and Android version, at least from my experience it's the same as the old Leica M app. 

Even though it doesn't support landscape view, the transfer speed&exif data info display, the support of Android and iPhone X is truly an upgrade for my use.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb STEVEcKONG:

Hi UliWer, 

The FOTOS app does support zooming for both iOS and Android version, at least from my experience it's the same as the old Leica M app. 

Even though it doesn't support landscape view, the transfer speed&exif data info display, the support of Android and iPhone X is truly an upgrade for my use.

This looks like good news!

What‘s the release number of your version of the app? With 0.24.0 for iOS I cannot zoom into the picture.

Btw.: Trying again to connect the M10 to the app didn‘t work with two different devices and 0.24.0 for iOS - but even made the camera freeze twice (which I havn‘t seen before).

Edited by UliWer

1 hour ago, UliWer said:

This looks like good news!

What‘s the release number of your version of the app? With 0.24.0 for iOS I cannot zoom into the picture.

Btw.: Trying again to connect the M10 to the app didn‘t work with two different devices and 0.24.0 for iOS - but even made the camera freeze twice (which I havn‘t seen before).

Ha! I think you ran into the problems I had before I format my SD card...

When I first download the 0.24.0 app, it freezes every time I try to remote control it, crashes when I export the photos, connection failures...

Until I take out my SD card, import those 3000+ pics on them, format it, them put it back- Surprise! Everything works just fine.

No more crashes, remote works just fine, wifi transfer a JPG is in a snap. Maybe I will open a new thread about these.. 

Can‘t be a fault of the SD card. The freezes I described occured when I was already on 0.24.0 for the App and 2.5.6.0 for the camera‘s firmware for almost two weeks now. I tried with this combination many times before and though I don‘t think it‘s perfect I never had any camera freeze before.

Btw: Are you still on 0.24.0 for the app and can zoom into the picture or are you using a later version?

Edited by UliWer