Csacwp

12504 hood on 35mm Summaron?

The 12504 hood will fit but was not made for the Summaron 35/2.8 and will not make more shade there than on 35/1.4 or 35/2 it was made for to prevent vignetting, i.e. very little. Hoods dedicated to the Summaron were IROOA (12571) and 12585 which are more efficient. FWIW.

Edited by lct

45 minutes ago, tsleica said:

How about the Summaron f3.5...? What is a good hood for it..? 1st version...

A36 hood FOOKH

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/FOOKH

I use FISON on mine without vignetting, with succes everyday 😏

if E39/A42 version IROOA

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/IROOA

6 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

A36 hood FOOKH

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/FOOKH

I use FISON on mine without vignetting, with succes everyday 😏

if E39/A42 version IROOA

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/IROOA

I have the earlier Summaron 35 f3.5 & use an SOOGZ adapter ring to attach the ITDOO hood. The SOOGZ adapter also allows use of E39 filters on this lens

On 10/13/2018 at 12:33 AM, romualdo said:

I have the earlier Summaron 35 f3.5 & use an SOOGZ adapter ring to attach the ITDOO hood. The SOOGZ adapter also allows use of E39 filters on this lens

Funny that I do use SOOGZ on one of my Summaron 3.5 as I own more E39 filters than A36.

As side note, with SOOGZ, this lens can pass by a hood.

1 hour ago, a.noctilux said:

Funny that I do use SOOGZ on one of my Summaron 3.5 as I own more E39 filters than A36.

As side note, with SOOGZ, this lens can pass by a hood.

Arnaud, are you saying that the SOOGZ can act as a hood on its own on the early Summaron 35 f3.5?

Edited by romualdo

I far prefer the 12585 (H) on my 35 2.8 Summaron over the IROOA due to far less viewfinder obstruction. I also prefer the look of the 12585 generally. 

Edited by Mute-on

The one I like is the small cylindrical screw-in (E39) type, about 9mm depth. I interchange this with my 90mm f4 macro M lens

Incidentally, just found one in lovely condition at Leica Manchester – very good service with them (delivered within 24hrs of placing order). Recommended UK dealer.

It is of course a remarkable lens and runs the feted Zeiss 35 2.8 ZM close in resolution.

Edited by microview

The SOOGZ (13154) is an adapter made to use E39 filters on 36mm lenses. Can make a bit of shade on its own when the filter is off but not when the latter is on i'm afraid. The regular hood for SOOGZ is the clip-on ITDOO (see post # 8 above) but a screw-in hood like that of the Elmar-M 50/2.8 (12549 or 12550 in black) can be screwed into the SOOGZ adapter or an E39 filter with internal thread as well. 

The best hood in ltm time is the effective and hefty FIKUS.

I used this for 35 to 135 lenses.

On 35 lens, likely the Fikus heavier than the lens itself, but this can be an option if many A36 lenses are in the kit in use.

When I want to swap between lenses A42 and A36 + SOOGZ, sometimes the 12504 is used with ( when needed ) series 7 or E49 filter inside 👍...

I have the 12504 for my V3 35 Cron but prefer the 12585.  In fact when I travel, to save space I carry a single 12585 and use it on my V4 35 Cron, "tabbed" 50 Cron, and "thin" 90 T-E.