She laughed when I said she needed a better plastic surgeon

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On the L subway train to ComicCon I saw this teenage girl with two of her friends and a father.  I asked for the photo, and afterwards showed them some photos from the Day of the Dead in San Miguel de Allende.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

Euston, Ulrich, Ray, Graham, Elmar, Louis & Coos - Thank you.

Alf60 - Thank you.  Day of the Dead has a long tradition in Mexico, which I think started in Spain.  It coincides pretty much with All Saints' Day and Halloween.  It's a celebration to dead family members, and is a wonderful two days to see at the beginning of November.  You might want to go into our site (www.barbara-and-stu.com) to Photo Galleries > North America > San Miguel de Allende to see many photos of the celebration and the celebrants.  I think those photos start on the 4th page.

There used to be a formula race, either F1 or maybe A1GP, held about this time of year in Mexico. At race's end, the corner workers (as is their custom worldwide) crept onto the track and waved their multi-colored flags in celebration of the finishers. At this particular race they all wore their "Day of the Dead" gear: masks, robes, costumes and accessories.

It was bizarre and wonderful at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...