Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, I recently published my M2 user experience in my blog using Summaron35 f2. 8 and Summicron35 version 4.All were taken with Kodak Portra400. The M2 with these 2 lens are amazing. ( I got the good deal on Summicron35 during my trip in Munich, so I carried two 35mm lens😋. Hope you guys enjoy the picture and have fun shooting. I really love my M2

https://goo.gl/G5T1TR

• Like 2

Loved it. Great write up.

This year I have also moved to mostly film with M2. My go to lens is 40summicron-c since I already had that. This summer I went on vacation with only film camera and it was so satisfying. I can totally relate to your experience. :)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jmahto said:

Loved it. Great write up.

This year I have also moved to mostly film with M2. My go to lens is 40summicron-c since I already had that. This summer I went on vacation with only film camera and it was so satisfying. I can totally relate to your experience. :)

My girlfriend uses Leica CL also paired with Summicron 40-c, very compact and amazing lens. 

17 minutes ago, Michael Hiles said:

Good stuff. I think nothing has so far surpassed the M2. It is exceptional.

Completely agree:) 

Nice writeup. If you ever tire of the M2, take a look at the M4...very similar but with the construction of a Sherman tank. I used one for 43 years, mostly with a 35mm focal length lens. Got out of Leicas for a few years and came back with an M2. Great cameras, especially for 35mm focal length lens users.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M2 user here, as well as a lllf and R3.

My first M was an M3, complete with dual range Summicron, which I had in the 80's. I just didn't get on with it at all and it was traded in for the R3.

I decided to try another M and always liked the cleaner lines of the M2, and I wanted a 35mm lens for it. Perfect. It's just right.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently sold my MP in favor of the M2-R, as I don't want any meter. This new M2-R, as I understand is only one out of 2000 made and has the three prong (tulip) fast loading of the MP. The viewfinder is amazingly un cluttered, only displaying the frame lines of the actual lens in use. I do have a question though... Which way does the film counter turn to reset when looking down at the  top of the camera with lens to the front?

17 minutes ago, Jdphoto said:

I recently sold my MP in favor of the M2-R, as I don't want any meter. This new M2-R, as I understand is only one out of 2000 made and has the three prong (tulip) fast loading of the MP. The viewfinder is amazingly un cluttered, only displaying the frame lines of the actual lens in use. I do have a question though... Which way does the film counter turn to reset when looking down at the  top of the camera with lens to the front?

Clockwise. It turns only one way (by hand or by crank).

29 minutes ago, jmahto said:

Clockwise. It turns only one way (by hand or by crank).

Thank you! That's what I thought, but didn't want to force anything. When turning it though, a small strip of clear plastic squeezed out from under the dial. It was similar in nature to the kind of plastic found on the bottom plate of newer M's. 

I think there is meant to be a felt ring under the film counter rather than any plastic. 

Bear in mind the M2R was built after the M4 was put into production, not when the M2 was current. If ther is plastic, it is not necessarily a remnant of the regular M2 construction.