75mm APO

6 hours ago, NW67 said:

Is there such a lens......I currently use 90mm Apple and Noctilux but woukd like to have a 75mm portrait lens........any recommendations

Neil

Here is my Instagram account where most of the portraits were taken with the 75mm Summicron.

@johnohlephoto

The lens is small and compact. And I like it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

A 90mm Apple - do tell! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, NW67 said:

Is there such a lens......I currently use 90mm Apple and Noctilux but woukd like to have a 75mm portrait lens........any recommendations

Neil

Wait... how many steps do you need to backup to transform a 90mm to a 75mm?  5 or 6?

29 minutes ago, jaeger said:

Wait... how many steps do you need to backup to transform a 90mm to a 75mm?  5 or 6?

Julie,

I think you are correct, I will stick with my 90mm APO or move closer with the Noctilux. You just saved me a few quid I think I will celebrate with a 4 hands massage

Neil

I'm trying to resist the 75 Noctilux; it's not as if I'm a Noctilux kinda guy - I don't have one. But comparing pictures from the 75 Summicron, 50 Noctilux and 75 Noctilux...

If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on a Noctilux 75. 

24 minutes ago, Exodies said:

I'm trying to resist the 75 Noctilux; it's not as if I'm a Noctilux kinda guy - I don't have one. But comparing pictures from the 75 Summicron, 50 Noctilux and 75 Noctilux...

Bill I didn't want to hear that

Neil

2 hours ago, Exodies said:

At approx. 1kg it would probably be better suited for an SL type camera. Otherwise I'm not too far away from your argumentation ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Photon42 said:

At approx. 1kg it would probably be better suited for an SL type camera. Otherwise I'm not too far away from your argumentation ...

I used my Noctilux 095 on my old SL and now M10........I prefer it on the M10

On 10/11/2018 at 10:14 PM, jaeger said:

While true I disagree, size and wait make a huge difference if walking around all day, perhaps the real question is why not have the 75 APO instead of the 90 and take the 5 or 6 steps in the other direction and have  a lot less weight. 

I suppose it also comes back to usage

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SMAL said:

I know what you mean, but you simply can´t. The compression of a 90 will never match a 75.

...... Well said

1 hour ago, lct said:

5 steps change the perspective. 75 is 75, 90 is 90.

Perfectly said, 

• Like 2