howiebrou

Leica CL substitute for Leica Q?

that Q will definitely be an inconspicuous street camera! 😀

seriously, enjoy. we're looking forward to seeing the results here.

Just now, bags27 said:

that Q will definitely be an inconspicuous street camera! 😀

seriously, enjoy. we're looking forward to seeing the results here.

Not exactly the most inconspicuous colour, i agree and some would argue goes against the Q's potential as a 'Q' camera (a la Q car). But it works for me!

On 10/11/2018 at 3:52 AM, ropo54 said:

No, from my experience (and I have tried the combinations) the Q does the better job. 

Rob

Likewise I have both and in terms of image quallity there is VERY little between them BUT whereas the Q has image stabilisation the CL does not and at least in my experience this is a massive plus for the Q and as such justifies me keeping and using both. Don

I don’t own either of the two camera’s, so that’s my bias. I would always go for the CL because it belongs to the L gang, which has recently broadened its possibilities even more. The immediate advantage is the almost doubling of the length of your lenses when using the CL for them. The Q has always been, but recently even more, a very expensive luxury tool, if you already own M or R lenses. I never really believed in the cropped images from the Q and from what I’ve seen here the APS-C format of the CL is not easily distinguishable from FF, whereas the sharpness of the Q shots often leaves an unsatisfied feeling with me. For my coming trip to Japan I still think of buying a CL for nearly half the price of a Q, because the SL is a wonderfull camera but a bit heavy (although my PeakDesign Slide strap lives up to its promise that heavy cameras feel much lighter with them). 

Edited by otto.f