Reprograming the FN button

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm loving my new Q so far. Still having some problems changing settings though. For example, how do I reprogram the FN button to do something useful, such as to switch between focus modes, or activate the self timer? I do white balance in post, so I never need to change it in the camera. But so far, whatever settings I change, the button stubbornly continues to open the useless white balance menu. Does anyone remember how to change this?

Looking in Menu Customize Control for the Fn button allows one to select or deselect which functions are available when you push and HOLD the Fn button. A simple push of the Fn button causes whichever function you last chose to be made active again. Such as timer: 2 sec,12 sec. x to cancel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 10:09 PM, Infiniumguy said:

Looking in Menu Customize Control for the Fn button allows one to select or deselect which functions are available when you push and HOLD the Fn button. A simple push of the Fn button causes whichever function you last chose to be made active again. Such as timer: 2 sec,12 sec. x to cancel. 

Push Fn and HOLD is indeed the trick. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 10/11/2018 at 3:07 AM, Le Chef said:

I don't have a Q but if you read page 157 of the instruction manual it says:

1. Press and hold the FN button

2. Select the desired function/function group in the sub-menu

I would try that...

Thanks for this. Wasted minutes trying to reset and get rid of timer. Now replaced with crop options.