Leica Foto App Beta for Android

marcg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've just downloaded the android version of the new app and I've installed it on a Samsung S9 and also on Google Pixel C tablet.

It seems to work pretty well but I have submitted three feature requests – or rather one feature requests and two firmware suggestions (I suppose that I will have to wait until hell freezes over before there are any firmware modifications!).

I've suggested that the new app should work in landscape mode as well as portrait mode – especially when being used with a tablet. This seems to me to be a glaringly obvious omission – especially when you have a photo gallery included.

I suggested that we are able to configure the camera Wi-Fi not to revert back to Off when switching the camera off but instead to configure it so that when you turn the camera on, the Wi-Fi status is on and looking for a camera.

I've also suggested that maybe they could try to tweak the camera Wi-Fi because at the moment the connection is agonisingly slow.

• Like 1