16-35 availability in the USA??

Donzo98

Two things... Ken Hansen and Adorama are both in NYC, and so am I.

Not good.... already expensive enough without paying sales tax.

Next... I wasn’t aware there was “grey market” with Leica. If I buy from HK, wouldn’t I have a full warranty?

Two things... Ken Hansen and Adorama are both in NYC, and so am I.

Next... I wasn’t aware there was “grey market” with Leica. If I buy from HK, wouldn’t I have a full warranty?

Have any friends in Jersey that Ken could ship to, as I think he may have one more. I ordered mine today and will have it tomorrow, and he rounded it off to $5400.

• Like 1

Have any friends in Jersey that Ken could ship to, as I think he may have one more. I ordered mine today and will have it tomorrow, and he rounded it off to $5400.

Hmmm... yeah I do actually.

Good idea. Is that what you did??

Nope, I'm in Mass, so no problem. I believe he said he had one left, but email first thing or call - (212) 879-3263‬. He did comment that they're hard to come by!

I just sent him an Email :) Thanks for the idea...

13 hours ago, Donzo98 said:

I think so but you wouldn't save much. They are going for around 5k in HK but at least they are not hard to find.

Edited by howiebrou

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 5:27 PM, Donzo98 said:

You still get a 2 year international warranty. How is Leica USA going to deny warranty if you buy from a licensed dealer while on vacation in Europe or Asia? The global marketplace is much too large and diversified for a company to try to force consumers to buy local. Those policies from the last century aren't enforceable in today's market. The sellers on eBay are reputable and ALL transactions are guaranteed by eBay. It is interesting to note, that the only Leica dealers with 100% positive feedback are the ones in Hong Kong. Another point to consider is that your credit card company has buyer's protections that allow you to dispute and not have to pay for counterfeit products. Last, check your credit card benefits program, I have 2 cards that specifically double all written warranties up to 2 years. So the Leica 2 year warranty automatically becomes a 4 year warranty for me.

Regarding the 16-35, they are available online for $500 less than any US dealer is currently advertising or quoting.

Edited by Brian C in Az