Dual Camera Harness for M10

SMAL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, PCPix said:

Hi Gordon - the guy wants to change his batteries more quickly. Long and short straps are a different method that help achieve that.

It's a valid alternative. It's this bit I have a problem with....

"Holster sling contraptions are for poseurs who think they are military heroes."

Not all sling strap users are poseurs. I can assure you of that.

Gordon

• Like 2

Strongly recommend the longer strap + shorter strap combination - cross body for one and either over shoulder or round neck for the other.  It's minimal and works.  I've used this for long (all day documentary shoots) and for intensive theatre / performance work.  This setup is usually combined with a 5D4 + 70-200 f2.8 L lens + monopod!  Obviously I can't use all three at the same time and the Canon gets left in a safe place or handed to a friend / assistant when it's not needed.

Works for me - and has done for years..

I use two rangefinders shooting weddings and social events, I prefer to have one on each shoulder, stuck there by 'upstraps' the thinnest version, the bobbled pad is incredible at sticking to your shoulder and no matter what you are wearing it stays there..(both the same length by the way)

http://www.upstrap-pro.com/category/camera-straps-full-list.html

Edited by douglas fry

I have carried / still carry my M's ( M4-2, M6, M8 and M10) using only a single side ring - not the tripod thread. I just use some mountain climbing webbing ( 1" ) sown together at the ends to make a continuous loop (worn bandolier style) and a  double sided slide to adjust the length as needed. I used to worry that the pin might break or come loose. 15 years later...never an issue and I am an active documentary shooter who uses the camera as a daily tool. The camera hangs , when not in use, from the ring which slides easily up when needed. The webbing does not need to slide as the ring slides on the webbing. This way,  a second camera is easily hung from the other shoulder and there is enough play that they do not cross. Both are rapidly, securely and easily accessible. And...it remains comfortable for hours. ( My face transplant project was a 36 hour long shoot - yes, non-stop - and the strap(s) as described worked perfectly. I used multiple leica M's and a Nikon D3s for the project - two crossed loop leicas at all times and a standard neck strapped nikon).  For what its worth...

There are other solutions of course.

www.thetwofacesofrichard.com

Edited by photophile