question on rub marks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a couple of small fine rub marks (not deep) on the black portion shown in picture. It looks like as if you mildly scratched the paint with your fingernail. It's hard to see unless under the right light but its there. It happened as I was changing the lens once and I didn't have the correct adapter on the lens and I must have touched the black part and caused this.  

So if I wanted to clean that up and make it look new - is it possible? I don't want to use any solvents as that would most likely remove the black paint. 

Img 5411 is under normal light - very hard to see.

Img 5412 is under brighter light and tilted to view from angle.

I probably will just ignore it and move on but thought why not ask. Maybe someone has experienced this before. 

Thanks in advance....

Sam

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have no idea what kind of paint would match, nor would I want to risk getting paint on the sensor or shutter mechanism. A little scuffing like that that isn't going to hurt anything ... I'd ignore it. If it really really bothered me, I'd send it to Leica to be renovated...

• Like 1

I have no idea what kind of paint would match, nor would I want to risk getting paint on the sensor or shutter mechanism. A little scuffing like that that isn't going to hurt anything ... I'd ignore it. If it really really bothered me, I'd send it to Leica to be renovated...

Thank you for your response ramarren, I sorta felt the same. I am just going to ignore it.

Have a wonderful day and happy shooting.

Sam