Sign in to follow this  
kafinnoeman

Leica D-Lux 109 + Panorama Head: Completely Overcome the Parallax Error?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I’m currently using Leica D-Lux 109, and do a lot of interior and architectural shots lately. As you all may know, these types of photography require a wide angle perspective which will be a bit difficult to achieve with my current set up.

One solution that has come to my mind is to shoot multiple images on panorama head in order to eliminate the parallax error when stitching those images later on Ps/Lr/etc.

At glance, this solution seems to be working perfect, however, it is still hard for me to get a parallax error-free panorama image especially in areas where repetitive objects/patterns exist like tiles and ceilings. I have always found a slightly misaligned lines. I’m pretty sure that I have shot the images on the nodal point of my lens.

So my question is, "Based on my case, is it possible to completely overcome the parallax error by using the panorama head and get the perfect stitch result without any further adjustment on the control points in the panorama stitching softwares?

Thank you so much, and looking forward to hearing any comments from you guys!

Cheers!

Kafin Noe'man

Could it be because the nodal point of your camera/lens is not correct? For instance, if you are using the Leica Ball Head 38, you still need a bracket on top of it in order to adjust the position of your camera in relation to the centre of the tripod:

https://www.panoramic-photo-guide.com/finding-the-entrance-pupil.html

The author of that blog recommends this one for multi-range panoramas:

https://www.panoramic-photo-guide.com/nodal-ninja-4-head-review.html