What can you get from L mount Sigma that you cant from E or X mount Sigma

And the ability to use them on an L mount camera - a bit more relevant. ;)

A higher price is logical. The L mount has tighter tolerances than the E and X mount and has small production numbers, so it is more expensive to build, and there are licence fees to be paid.

In consideration of Relevance.

"...What can you get from L mount Sigma that you cant from E or X mount Sigma?..."

If you already have an E or X mount camera, absolutely nothing. But if you already have or are contemplating an L mount camera,...everything.

Your question makes as much sense as asking what can you get from an F mount lens. Nothing unless you already have or are contemplating a Nikon.

No insult is intended.

Edited by lenspeeper
typo

A little bird told me that the entire line of Sigma Lenses can be converted to L mount, there are talks about offering a service to convert by simply (not so simply) changing the mount. I'll let you know more as and when I hear anything, 

This is not officially confirmed but I have it on good info from friends at Sigma UK

Seems a clever thing to do to me (if true) that way then we get anything from 8mm to 600mm (fingers crossed).

On 10/10/2018 at 9:31 AM, Marac said:

A little bird told me that the entire line of Sigma Lenses can be converted to L mount, there are talks about offering a service to convert by simply (not so simply) changing the mount. I'll let you know more as and when I hear anything, 

This is not officially confirmed but I have it on good info from friends at Sigma UK

Seems a clever thing to do to me (if true) that way then we get anything from 8mm to 600mm (fingers crossed).

Judging from the flaky behaviour of the Novoflex AF adapter I doubt it is just a simple mount replacement ....... lens firmware will need adapting also .... but as SIgma already has a user attachment to allow programmable lens parameters maybe the current lens designs are flexible enough to do this easily and get good compatibility. I can't see a rush of lenses just for existing Leica users .... but once Panasonic (+/- Sigma) bodies become available life should get very interesting ......😃