What’s the best way to extract iPhone photos to your iMac?

Before I used Lightroom CC on android, I used a dropbox account. On the phone the dropbox app allowed you to automatically add camera photos, which then appeared in dropbox on my desktop. I don't know if the same facility is available on iPhone

has

Thanks again all, other options should work fine but I am uploading using Graphic Converter as I type. Trouble is, our friend has several thousand pictures and movie files (late model large capacity iPhone) and I am connecting using  USB cable, so it is taking quite some time! Transfer speed is about 4-5 MB/s -- dunno how that compares but i seems slow. Maybe the last USB-c would be faster, and not sure if there is an iPhone cable? While iPhone photos can be handy, I still prefer SD cards that I can transfer quickly at full size.

The iPhone 8 Plus is very slow to prepare and transfer 4K video files. To get around this issue, I select all the still files I want to transfer first and let it do them. That's quite quick, a bit faster if you connect to a USB3 port.

I just returned from my trip, with photos scattered between the iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro 9.7, and CL. All 1300 iOS still files transferred via AirDrop in about ten minutes, at full resolution, both originals and rendered versions. Including the CL raw files I'd transferred to the iPhone for quick processing. There were another 1800 CL raw files still on the card that transferred in ten minutes or so.

I had sixty eight video files to transfer. I did them one at time which seemed faster than selecting a batch. That took about a half hour using AirDrop again.

Once all files were on the Mac, I imported them into LR moving them into the proper directory structure in the process. That took about another 20 minutes. In total, I imported ~3200 raw, JPEG, and 4K video files ... about 200 Gbytes or so. The backup system took a few hours to run all my archiving operations afterwards.

• Thanks 1