Advertisement (gone after registration)

Kushinagar - India, Paranirvana Stupa, which commemorates the place where Buddha Shakyamuni died. Families come to cover the lying Buddha with robes. This was one of those circumstances where I felt compelled to lower the camera and just live in the moment. Leica CL + 18-56

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Allan -

There are many famous reclining Buddhas (I've photographed several in at least five countries), but perhaps may be the most revered.  In honoring the story of the Buddha's life you can find representations of all stages throughout Asia.

• Like 1

Kushinagar - India, Paranirvana Stupa, which commemorates the place where Buddha Shakyamuni died. Families come to cover the lying Buddha with robes. This was one of those circumstances where I felt compelled to lower the camera and just live in the moment. Leica CL + 18-56

Yes, maybe the most famous one, but there is also one on Thailand who is pretty impressive 

Allan -

There are many famous reclining Buddhas (I've photographed several in at least five countries), but perhaps may be the most revered.  In honoring the story of the Buddha's life you can find representations of all stages throughout Asia.

Yes, maybe the most famous one, but there is also one on Thailand who is pretty impressive 

Yes, this is the one in Wat Pho in Bangkok

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

And this is the one in Ayutthaya, one of the important cities of ancient Thailand. Or should I say Siam?

• Like 1