FilmLab 1.0 for iOS

ianman

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Resurrecting this thread: is anyone using it? I just installed a trial to v3 but it doesn’t work well with plustek or Epson files. Seem to be for camera scanning only. Anyone using it and finding it useful? 

I will be switching from scanner to camera scanning in the near future so also taking the opportunity to check. I normally use photoshop and color perfect but can no longer install it…

Edited by Aryel

I gave Beta 3 a try. It delivers pretty nice images if you are reluctant to do the inversion and all of that on your own. But it's not there yet if you expect more than a very basic adjustment option. It's absolutely worth keeping an eye on it, especially if they manage to connect it to LR and C1. Their colour science is surprisingly good. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 1:23 AM, hansvons said:

I gave Beta 3 a try. It delivers pretty nice images if you are reluctant to do the inversion and all of that on your own. But it's not there yet if you expect more than a very basic adjustment option. It's absolutely worth keeping an eye on it, especially if they manage to connect it to LR and C1. Their colour science is surprisingly good. 

I just gave it another go with files coming from the camera. I agree, it gave pretty good images actually. Very different than the results using files from scanners.  Still need to adjust a bit. It is pricey though, and at the end, still need to adjust the colour...

Thanks for sharing your experience! 

• Like 1