10 hours ago, bags27 said:

+1 about the lenses.

They may show a mock-up of the SL2 at the May Photokina. But if they don't give some guidance about it before Panasonic starts shipping their cameras ("early" 2019), they may lose a lot of customers. I'm betting on at least a modest increase in MPS for the SL2, otherwise the larger, but lower cost Panasonic would tempt many.

No. Not for me. Why bother with Panasonic when there is Leica?

On 10/3/2018 at 1:27 AM, Nordvik said:

50mm comparison:

Is that Nikon lens f/1.8? Size wise a more valid comparison might be with the new Summicron that is coming?

i very seldom use the  maximum aperture personally. I think the new Summicrons (35 and 50) coming are more appealing to use on my SL. The 24-90 makes superb images  but size and weight of that and the body are quite substantial. A little softer edged body would be welcome as well. The controls and menu are first rate though, in my opinion best of all the Leicas I have worked with) Handling wise in studio it feels hardly less than the S for me.

I have two M10s and an SL. I like the M10 sensor a lot better. I still like my SL great deal. 

Unknown which you should buy. Each have advantages. 

12 hours ago, 6bit said:

I have two M10s and an SL. I like the M10 sensor a lot better. I still like my SL great deal. 

In which way(s)? 

Edited by helged

5 hours ago, helged said:

In which way(s)? 

The M10 performs better at base ISO. Or it appears to me to perform significantly better. I also feel the M10 files accept a tiny bit more push/pull than the SL. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb 6bit:

The M10 performs better at base ISO. Or it appears to me to perform significantly better. I also feel the M10 files accept a tiny bit more push/pull than the SL. 

+1

1 hour ago, 6bit said:

Thanks. For the SL, do you consider 50, 100 or 200 as base ISO? Just curious. In my experience, 50 and 200 give most head room, followed by 100.

Edited by helged

2 hours ago, helged said:

Thanks. For the SL, do you consider 50, 100 or 200 as base ISO? Just curious. In my experience, 50 and 200 give most head room, followed by 100.

Definitely 50 or 200. 100 seems to be a mess on both the SL and M10.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:01 PM, hoppyman said:

Is that Nikon lens f/1.8? Size wise a more valid comparison might be with the new Summicron that is coming?

i very seldom use the  maximum aperture personally. I think the new Summicrons (35 and 50) coming are more appealing to use on my SL. The 24-90 makes superb images  but size and weight of that and the body are quite substantial. A little softer edged body would be welcome as well. The controls and menu are first rate though, in my opinion best of all the Leicas I have worked with) Handling wise in studio it feels hardly less than the S for me.

In the film days, a Nikon and Canon 1.4/50mm & a 1.8/50mm is hell allot of difference in size & weight. So I do not think you know what you are comparing.

8 hours ago, sillbeers15 said:

In the film days, a Nikon and Canon 1.4/50mm & a 1.8/50mm is hell allot of difference in size & weight. So I do not think you know what you are comparing.

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment. I used Nikon film cameras and then digital for more than 30 years. I have used Leica M and now mainly the S and SL systems for more than a decade all together.
I do know what I am comparing.
Your comment actually agrees with what I said. there is a big difference between the size of a f/1.4 50mm lens and a f/1.8 50mm lens
 f/1.8 and f/2 are usually very similar
I have the SL. The photo I commented on showed an SL with a Summilix SL f/1.4 50mm lens next to a Nikon Z with a f/1.8 50mm  lens
A better size comparison for that Nikon f/1.8 50mm will be with the new APO Summicron SL f/2 ASPH when it is available.
Leica Camera's photo from their website shows the size difference perfectly between the Summilux 50 and the Summicron 50

SL 35, 50, 75 & 90 will share exterior lens casing. From the pics you've provided, the SL50 /2 will likely be a shade longer than the Nikon 50/1.8.