First digital Zeiss

lct

ISO: 80-51,200 from the specs....who said ISO 200 is the minimum ?

If that's the 'native' iso of the sensor then that is a step forward, bit often anything less than 200 is simply an attenuation of the output from the sensor, with a decrease in quality.

Electronic shutters have had a higher top speed than 1/1000 for very many years, no point in limiting the user surely?

Gerry

Electronic shutters have had a higher top speed than 1/1000 for very many years, no point in limiting the user surely?

This new camera has a fastest speed of 1/8000. As far as I know, up to 1/1000 uses a leaf shutter. Beyond that presumably electronic or focal plane.

• Like 3

yep plug it in via USB and transfer the files..im guessing the cameras mounts like a disk drive

transferring DNG's with a simple color/adjustment done while having a whisky between locations, on the camera sounds cool, as the DNG's would have the temporary adjustments already when one loads the files on the computer later

looks more comfy to hold with that grip

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Indeed. It beats the hell out of me why Leica persisted with that shape based on two spools of film. It demanded so many compromises in battery size, card door, handling. The perversity of tradition. A perfect illustration of the saying “tradition is a solution to problems we no longer have”.

• Like 4

But that screen is still way too small (I wonder if that display does nearly show real life colours and/or brightness) to postprocess pictures with that pre-installed lightroom. I don't even want to think about judging whether I really nailed the focus with the help of that little screen.

Why would I want to take a picture with such a high resolution, edit it on that small screen and then share it? Then, when you're at home and have a second look on your 32'' calibrated Adobe RGB screen, you find out that you need to make lots of changes to the picture (again) and share them again. Of course, you could then apologize (to your clients/friends etc.), saying "Sorry, I couldn't really judge the colours/sharpness/brightness etc. because I used a far too small screen to postprocess my high-resolution pictures....

Edited by Macberg
  • Like 3

But that screen is still way too small (I wonder if that display does nearly show real life colours and/or brightness) to postprocess pictures with that pre-installed lightroom. I don't even want to think about judging whether I really nailed the focus with the help of that little screen.

Why would I want to take a picture with such a high resolution, edit it on that small screen and then share it? Then, when you're at home and have a second look on your 32'' calibrated Adobe RGB screen, you find out that you need to make lots of changes to the picture (again) and share them again. Of course, you could then apologize (to your clients/friends etc.), saying "Sorry, I couldn't really judge the colours/sharpness/brightness etc. because I used a far too small screen to postprocess my high-resolution pictures....

:-))