Buying a used Q

jbripley

I am actually thinking about selling my Q and going back to interchangeable lenses. Love the Q, but I can't afford to keep it if I were to change bodies. I am curious if anyone has sold a Leica camera to a Leica store. How was your experience? Did they offer a reasonable value? How long did it take for them to provide a quote? And if anyone is interested I am located in California USA. 

Thanks!

I have traded in gear to my Leica store. My local store will give 80% of market value on a trade or 70% for cash.  They are pretty fair with pricing and one can get an immediate valuation. You might try calling them, or emailing, for a rough estimate of valuation based on condition.  Then, decide whether you'd prefer to trade, or sell on your own; in the latter, with some patience you are likely to do a bit better than trading.  Leica Miami has been great to deal with and I'd highly recommend that you speak with Josh, there.

Rob 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a used Q from London Camera Exchange with a Leica half leather case. I must say, I am delighted with that purchase but

paid a hefty £2799 with 6 month warranty.  I had a Leica M8.2 and did not like it much, too slow.   This little Q gives me wonderful results.

I haven't done the firmware yet as it's still on 2.0, should I go for version 3.0 or leave it at 2?

Thanks