Problems Service with Leica Camera Thailand (Alist)

David Hitchens

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have problems with my M10 from Leica Camera Thailand (Alist Warranty)

The iso Dial has stopped working, I took the camera into the shop to have it send into service for repair as per policy, Leica Thailand, informed  me that the camera cannot be sent until the engineer returns from his vacation +plus 1 week. Which is not ideal as I need the camera back for work ASAP.

I have the contacted Customer service at Singapore to see If I can just send the camera directly, who have appoligised for the service but informed me

"You are welcome to send in your camera by passing Leica Thailand but do kindly take note upon returning your camera it is advisable that you self-collection at our office.

This is to avoid Duties & Taxes at Thai customs which is very high.You are welcome to send in your camera by passing Leica Thailand but do kindly take note upon returning your camera it is advisable that you self-collection at our office.

This is to avoid Duties & Taxes at Thai customs which is very high."

It seems I either have to wait for someones vacation to finish or send straight to Singapore and fly out to Singapore to pick up the camera once repaired and pick up the extra costs myself.

Does anyone have any experience or advice for my to get this camera in for repair and back to me ASAP?

Did they say how long it would take for them to send the camera away to Singapore to get it fixed there?  If this would likely be longer than it would take for the Engineer to come back from holiday and then fix it (assuming there will likely be other jobs in the repair bin), then it seems you are pretty stuck assuming there is no other authorised repair shop available.

Can't you adjust ISO via the on-screen menu until the repair can be carried out?