Leica M10 Firmware 2.6.5.0 released

indergaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

- NEW: Compatible with the new Leica FOTOS iOS / Android app

- NEW: QR Code for all Leica Cameras

- NEW: 1-Click Connection with FN-button, WLAN starts without submenus on FN-button

- NEW: Fixed WLAN name and password, no submenus for setting name and password

- NEW: No submenus for mode settings, no submenus for setting a connection mode

Download: https://en.leica-camera.com/Corposite/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=93710&subcategory=139034&type=108942&language=93871

Edited by indergaard
  • Like 2

After upgrading the firmware of my M10 I immediately noticed two undocumented features/fixes: 

- When LED is set to "Disabled" in the "Customize Control" submenu, the LED no longer flashes while formatting a SD card in the camera.

On the previous firmware version (2.4.5.0) the LED flashed while formatting the SD card in camera, even if the "LED" setting was disabled. On 2.6.5.0 the LED still lights up when the camera is turned on or off. I wish the "LED Disabled" feature completely disabled the LED, including when the camera is turned on or off.

- Reviewing images made with the Macro-Elmar 90/4 lens now displays "4/90mm" as the lens type.

In firmware version 2.4.5.0, images was displayed with "3.99/90mm" as the lens type, which was obviously a bug.

Edited by indergaard
  • Like 1

I've successfully updated my M10 firmware before.  Now when I attempt to copy the new file to my SD card, it won't copy.  I tried different folders after I tried the root directory, but no luck.  I tried downloading again, but still doesn't work.  Anyone else have this problem?

After upgrading the firmware of my M10 I immediately noticed two undocumented features/fixes: 

- Reviewing images made with the Macro-Elmar 90/4 lens now displays "4/90mm" as the lens type.

In firmware version 2.4.5.0, images was displayed with "3.99/90mm" as the lens type, which was obviously a bug.

Good - I'll see if that is also fixed for the 135/4 Tele-Elmar ("3.99/135mm"), once I upgrade.

Am I losing it or does it take two presses now to delete a picture? Used to be one?

That appeared in the immediate previous firmware (2.4.2.0 or some such) - takes 2 presses for the first deletion, and then one for each subsequent deletion while still in delete mode.

• Like 1

Just tried the new app for the first time. Connected to my M10, started updating the proxies,

picked one image to load/see and the app crashed.

Thank you Leica! Next time you release something, please make sure it's not before-alpha...

F@#$k, didn't notice, but my camera froze up :(

Edited by dupiastko

Just tried the new app for the first time. Connected to my M10, started updating the proxies,

picked one image to load/see and the app crashed.

Thank you Leica! Next time you release something, please make sure it's not before-alpha...

F@#$k, didn't notice, but my camera froze up :(

So you opted in for testing an alpha or early beta software through TestFlight, and the software had bugs, which is to be expected for beta software, and you come crying about it on the forum?

• Like 5

So you opted in for testing an alpha or early beta software through TestFlight, and the software had bugs, which is to be expected for beta software, and you come crying about it on the forum?

Sorry for joining the crying:

One might just have a look how the new Firmware and the App are described by Leica Camera AG in their press conference and in the notes which accompany the new firmware. Did Leica Camera AG say that the app will crash or even make crash the camera?

They know for weeks that the app doesn't work, they did not enough to solve the problems but they released it notwithstanding together with a new Firmware and a lot of marketing bla bla. 

Edited by UliWer
  • Like 1

The app is NOT released. It is released as a beta test. That means bugs and flaws er to be expected.

Leica specifically said in their pre Photokina announcement that the app would be officially released on the 25th of October!

If you sign up for beta testing, you can’t expect things to work! It’s a part of the testing phase.

• Like 1

The app is NOT released. It is released as a beta test. That means bugs and flaws er to be expected.

Leica specifically said in their pre Photokina announcement that the app would be officially released on the 25th of October!

If you sign up for beta testing, you can’t expect things to work! It’s a part of the testing phase.

If a test is taken for serious the side which releases something to be tested should listen to the test results and act accordingly. If one does not notice any reaction on multiple descriptions about flaws and disfunctionalities, I don't call it a test but just a waste of time for the testers.  

B.t.w: The instructions for installating Firmware 2.6.5.0 for the M10 say: 

​"NEW: 1-Click Connection with FN-Button

WLAN starts without submenus on FN-button."

Can you tell me what that means?

Edited by UliWer