Macro for Visoflex and M9

J-T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ah! I thought for a moment you were mounting the whole lens with an M adapter but wasn’t sure. Ether way you bought some more centimetres to get even closer with the bellows and those last two pictures were particularly interesting to me. Thanks for clearing that up!.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I’m assuming these were all done with the 90mm.

Now I want to upgrade my M9P body to gain the EVF support along with the improved ISO capabilities.

With the EVF, the Viso becomes someway too massive (even if , I repeat, is still a good alternative to EVF), but you still need its "length" (M body cannot be mounted directly on the bellows) : a good solution is the Novoflex LEM/VIS tube, which equals the length of the Viso 2/3 : 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(btw… about improved ISO… this is 3200 on M240)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

Luigi mentions "M body cannot be mounted on bellows"...

A timely reminder...one can put the M240 cameras directly onto bellows, BUT they can't be unmounted due to the camera release button being fully covered and unaccessible. This mistake requires dissembly of the bellows using special tools.

So always use a spacer between the camera and bellows.

The OUFRO is ideal.

I'll post an image I posted elsewhere on the forum. Handheld (the keet was in my hand), the M8 was on a tripod. M8, 65mm F:3.5  Elmar on Visoflex III. Regards, Ron

Edited by Ronazle
  • Like 1

The set-up: taken with M8 + Visoflex + 16467N adapter + 1937 Elmar 4/9cm.

The close-up: it is still not 1:1

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I got a M10 with EVF I prefer the Micro-NIKKOR 55/2,8

• Like 1

Micro-NIKKOR at f=2,8 and 16:

• Like 2

Impressive duckling picture and I like the colour contrast especially for the 65mm.

I think based on the examples I've seen so far and that I'll be using this setup for table top work, the bellows and quite possibly the 135 vs. the 90 look like what I need.  I'm leaning towards the 135 as there are some nice examples you can pick up for around 300 Euros, its super sharp at both distance and closeup plus it would complement my APO 75 and 35 FLE lenses when I'm outdoors.

Nordvik's sample shots are exactly what I'm after, (OK the so the pen needs some improvement).  Now I'm wondering if I go with the M adapter ring for the bellows which generally sell for around 50 euros to get that extra close or the OTSRO 16427 extender that goes for around half the cost which might get me most of the way there.  As my 35 and 75 are useless on the Visoflex there is no advantages in getting the M adapter ring.  I'm also thinking I could use the OTSRO with the 16464 OTZFO focus mount if I got that at a later date though handheld is just not happening without ISO 64000...!

Just saw the latest shots from Nordvik - damn, the 135 gets close with the M adapter ring.  Also like the Micro-NIKKOR shots but more immediately, the 135 is going to be more versatile for me I think.

Just need to sell some of these darned pens once I've photographed them so I can get enough pocket change for an M10P upgrade  :unsure:

Edited by J-T

I'll take a chance that no one has mentioned this yet, but the earlier 90mm Summicron and 135 MM Elmarit both unscrew for short mount use and work quite well with the Viso. If you have either only an adapter is needed; the same adapter fits both of the aforementioned lenses. Longer lenses have particular merit if one is trying to photograph dangerous critters. Regards, Ron

Edited by Ronazle

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so finally I purchased a 1978 Tele-Elmar from Japan in super nice condition along with the Bellows II with integral hood to hitch up to my Visoflex III.

For my second shot I used my cable release and then... my Visoflex completely seized up - very annoying.

So out with the screwdrivers to figure out why it was jamming.  Turns out two things at play.  First is the cable release probe is too long and second the mechanism needed some light lubrication.  A pair of wire cutters and a re-polish of the end of the cable release sorted out the first problem and a little light oil and silicon grease dealt with the other.  Miraculously everything assembled back together again and I also had the opportunity to clean the mirror and ground glass and dust from inside the body.

Edited by J-T

After getting everything back together it was time for some test shots 🙂

• Like 1

You can get pretty close up with the 135, the picture above is not the closest but I had to dismantle my setup as 'somebody' needed to use the kitchen table.

I may grab an extension tube or a 16596G adapter ring next week and see if I can get some nice insect compound eye and wing pictures... he says hopefully.

Edited by J-T

Just received my 16596G adapter from Paris this morning... a few samples from my APO 75/2

• Like 2