Macro for Visoflex and M9

J-T

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Jaap,

This Duofold was offered (by me as " I don't remember which anniversary " ) to my wife some decades ago.

She said it was too beautiful and too much luxury to use everyday.

She gave back to me, as she prefered more simple pens with cartridge quick to replace.

I must write more with this beauty.

:( But...

each time I want to use this Duofold, the ink dried so pleasure was off :p.

My wife used to have the same pen, but unfortunately it was stolen. I managed to lay hands on a Blue Marble one, and it is her "Sunday" pen, she has a nice Schaeffer Spiral Laque Targa  for daily use. I myself use a Pelikan Souverän 800 green every day which is the best writing pen I ever had, and a collection of Schaeffer pens from before they went downhill, including a Legacy with wide oblique nib and a very rare Laqué with sterling silver skeleton. I like fountain pens :) :) In fact, if I use a ballpoint my writing deteriorates into a doctor's scrawl. ;)

• Like 1

I always use a fountain pen too. They have a bit of grip, or "tooth" on paper which helps my writing.

I use a pearly Waterman now, after my old Schaeffer targa wore out, that was the best.

A fine nib for me ...i can write 8 point.

Love the duofold marble-white.

Happy pens... ;)

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 1

Here is a typical ‘pen portrait’ taken on my iPhone 6+ Of a MB #20 safety I restored last year. My hopes are to achieve condiderably more detail, atmosphere and wider colour pallet.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting - the chart you have suggests just the 16558 ring but the one from the Leica forum wiki suggests I need the extension tube I mentioned above.

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/Bellows_II

Just to be clear I just have the M9P, Visoflex III and the bellows for now - no lens or extension accessories for the Visoflex.

Based on the technical chart for the bellows, the 90 looks pretty versatile but wasn’t 100% sure which lens version I’m looking for here. The 135 would be a good addition to my 35 and 75 lenses as well and is also affordable.

With the bellows (on Visoflex body) and the 16558-adapter you can use the lens heads for 65/90/135mm directly without any further extension tubes. The bellows allows you to vary the extension between lens and camera as you like. For the same reason you dont need a focussing mount on the bellows.

The first 1:2.8/90mm Elmarit (the "long" one with the vulcanit patch on the shaft and without "Tele-") has a lens head you can screw out from the mount and use it for the Visoflex with excellent results. You can also use the lens heads from rigid versions of the old 90mm Elmar - the original 4/90mm being o.k., the the 4/90 Elmar with three lenses being excellent). The two versions of the 90mm Tele-Elmarit  and the Elmarit-M​ (which had a modern design) have no separate lens heads.

Thanks for clearing up those two questions. The 90mm M lens has many incarnations so for someone unfamiliar with the various vintage versions out there it does get a little confusing. I think I need to consult the forum wiki :-)

Here I have been using Visoflex + bellows + 1969 Tele-Elmar 4/135mm.

Both at f=16. First picture with focus in the center. Second picture at minimum focus distance with only the lens head, focus at the opening for the ball head.

This time i have used the complete lens with focus mechanism + Visoflex + Bellows.

First using Visoflex for focusing like the other two, the second I used EVF.

F=5,6.

• Like 1

Ooooh.

Ok but that’s a practice test. If you take your time, macro is slow culture anyhow, the EVF result can be attained with the old visoflex too. It’s not that the mirror has unsharp edges :). Btw, the ball of the pen could still have been a bit sharper in the EVF version

Edited by otto.f

So just to be clear here, on the extra closeup shots you’ve attached the OTZFO 16464 focussing ring to get closer?

I’m wondering about the 17472 OTSRO extension tube now with the bellows. This is fantastic. The EVF image is a tad sharper - you’re making me jealous now.

So just to be clear here, on the extra closeup shots you’ve attached the OTZFO 16464 focussing ring to get closer?

I’m wondering about the 17472 OTSRO extension tube now with the bellows. This is fantastic. The EVF image is a tad sharper - you’re making me jealous now.

16472 is for Elmar 4/135 lens head (not Tele-Elmar 135).

For more extension the ring is 16471 to mount on 16464 variable ring.

In my practice this 16464 + 16471 + 90mm = some vignetting because the opening is so small.

My wife used to have the same pen, but unfortunately it was stolen. I managed to lay hands on a Blue Marble one, and it is her "Sunday" pen, she has a nice Schaeffer Spiral Laque Targa  for daily use. I myself use a Pelikan Souverän 800 green every day which is the best writing pen I ever had, and a collection of Schaeffer pens from before they went downhill, including a Legacy with wide oblique nib and a very rare Laqué with sterling silver skeleton. I like fountain pens :) :) In fact, if I use a ballpoint my writing deteriorates into a doctor's scrawl. ;)

I agree that pleasure of writing with fountain pens is something else.

I like writing with fountain pens :).

I always use a fountain pen too. They have a bit of grip, or "tooth" on paper which helps my writing.

I use a pearly Waterman now, after my old Schaeffer targa wore out, that was the best.

A fine nib for me ...i can write 8 point.

Love the duofold marble-white.

Happy pens... ;)

Yes paper on which we write is very important with fountain pens.

I've never realize that.

Happy pens ;)...

Good writing with fountain pens for you all :D

• Like 1

This is what I used for the first two pictures: Visoflex, Bellows, adapter 16558 Z (it should come with the Bellows as standard) and lens head of Tele-Elmar 4/135 + lens shade 12575.

And for the two last pictures: Visoflex, Bellows, adapter 16596 G (M-mount) and Tele-Elmar 4/135 + lens shade 12735.