firmware update 3.3

frame-it

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Capture One allows you to use your own file structure. The “Catalog” can be used to store the edit instructions separately. Aperture had similar functionality.

Lightroom I do believe still requires use of their database. Adobe Bridge allows use of your own file structure.

I just cannot see my file structure being dictated by a specific camera in any way. It makes much more sense to design a workflow around the editing software packages in my opinion.

Lightroom lets you use your own file structure as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, Ingo said:

The 'half-press-shutter' preview is now optional and can be activated in the set-up menu. This is great.

Unfortunately there is a bug and it only works in display mode or auto mode but not in EVF-mode.

Just bumping this in the perhaps vain hope that somebody from Leica sees it and takes note - I use the EVF only ("EVF Extended Mode") and would like to have the "shutter pressed" review option working (in fact any review option working in the EVF!).

• 1 month later...

What has been missing from SL firmware of any release is an ability to turn off the LCD. It does turn off automatically when an eye meets the viewfinder and then liveview comes back to the LCD as soon as the camera is removed from the face. It could be possible to extend the battery life at least 30% by turning off the LCD, especially when shooting video to an external recorder.

6 minutes ago, Irakly Shanidze said:

What has been missing from SL firmware of any release is an ability to turn off the LCD. It does turn off automatically when an eye meets the viewfinder and then liveview comes back to the LCD as soon as the camera is removed from the face. It could be possible to extend the battery life at least 30% by turning off the LCD, especially when shooting video to an external recorder.

I can't speak for video, but for still photography this has always been possible as far as I know. My LCD screen never turns on unless I want to use the menu.

9 minutes ago, AndyGarton said:

I can't speak for video, but for still photography this has always been possible as far as I know. My LCD screen never turns on unless I want to use the menu.

It is possible to configure it with a button next to the viewfinder, and it works fine with photos. With video, you always have something on, either the EVF, or LCD, even when there is an external recorder connected.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, Ingo said:

The 'half-press-shutter' preview is now optional and can be activated in the set-up menu. This is great.

Unfortunately there is a bug and it only works in display mode or auto mode but not in EVF-mode.

This bug isn't fixed in 3.4 unfortunately ... disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...