Leica Fotos: An App for ALL WiFi Leica Cameras - Open Beta Test

Leon_B.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all:

It has been at least 4 days since I signed up for the beta version. Have heard nothing as of now. I can also not find any way to download the post beta version. What to do?? Is there a phone number anywhere that I can call to resolve this matter? Thanks in advance.

rdb.

Version s24_Photokina of the Android beta now available for download.

I uninstalled the prevous version and installed this one.  (The doc's had been updated, but I am not convinced that this version is actually a new one.)  Although the information about the cameras I am using was still stored, I had to reacquire each QE code to connect to each one.  I tested with M10 and with CL.  The CL after I disconnected was left in the state that the remote operation put it in and did not return to its original settings.  Had to reset mode, aperture, shutter, and autofocus (from touch to spot).  The M10 goes back to its mechanical settings when you shut it off and on again.

Still no information transmitted in remote besides the picture.  With M10 the top and bottom strips of information stay on the M10's LCD, while with CL there is not information on the LCD.  But the reporting function let me complain this time,  Haven't tried SL connection yet.

Version s24_Photokina of the Android beta now available for download.

I uninstalled the prevous version and installed this one.  (The doc's had been updated, but I am not convinced that this version is actually a new one.)  Although the information about the cameras I am using was still stored, I had to reacquire each QE code to connect to each one.  I tested with M10 and with CL.  The CL after I disconnected was left in the state that the remote operation put it in and did not return to its original settings.  Had to reset mode, aperture, shutter, and autofocus (from touch to spot).  The M10 goes back to its mechanical settings when you shut it off and on again.

Still no information transmitted in remote besides the picture.  With M10 the top and bottom strips of information stay on the M10's LCD, while with CL there is not information on the LCD.  But the reporting function let me complain this time,  Haven't tried SL connection yet.

This is the same version I got a week or more ago. I didn't have to reconnect my CL (SL connection is broken, as reported elsewhere). I didn't notice how the camera settings were.

The big improvements over the previous beta is that the WLAN is not lost now when the phone link goes down or you walk away from the camera, and the LCD goes off when in use - no more lighting up your remote photography location!

iOS Fotos 24.1 appeared on TestFlight this morning.  It connects to my SL.  Remote worked, but download didn't in a quick trial.  The Android 24.1 has not appeared yet.

On the business of turning the camera displays off -- I'd like that to be optional, since at the moment there is information visible on the LCD that doesn't get transferred to the remote operation (exposure meter and histogram for example).

a)  I got a nice note from a beta test support person asking for clarification of a suggestion that I sent in from the beta app (make the app's live view contain all the info of the camera's live view; mke dark LCD during remote operation optional).  After a quick round of emails, he said he would send it up to the developers.  So there is a purpose to the reporting tools.

B)  From Fotos iOS, I can connect to my SL, but seeing the pictures on the chip is erratic, doesn't start at the top, but jumps around in the order of the files and fills thumbnails sporadically, in no obvious order.  And very slow.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New  Android version of the FOTOS app?  the online doc in Google Play got an update on Oct 9.  I'll try it this evening.

Nope.  Again this was just an update to the doc.  No new Android release, and thus no access to the SL. I expected something because, out of the blue, I got another invitation to the beta test.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

7 hours ago, rdbzhch said:

How long should it take to receive an answer from Leica? As of today, 11-okt-2018, I still have not received an answer with a link to download the beta version. What gives?

Thanks for any assistance.

rdb.

Delay is highly variable.  I received one invitation at least a week after applying.  So apply early and often.

Current state of the art is 24.2.1 for Android and 24.2 for i)S (as of last night).  Both can connect to SL as well as M10 and CL.  The Android version is buggy, the iOS is more solid.  It is time to look for nits in both, but we shouldn't get too obsessed with the Android version as there will probably be updates.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

vor 4 Stunden schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

Current state of the art is 24.2.1 for Android and 24.2 for i)S (as of last night). 

I have seen no updates from 0.24.0 for iOS yet. Have you been notified by mail about 0.24.2, or did you notice it by an upgrade info from the App-Store?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb UliWer:

I have seen no updates from 0.24.0 for iOS yet. Have you been notified by mail about 0.24.2, or did you notice it by an upgrade info from the App-Store?

Have a look at the TestFlight App on your iPhone. 

Good idea, and I have been looking at Testflight a couple of times: no update from 0.24.0 for iOS.

Meanwhile trying to connect the M10 (Fw 2.6.5.0) to the App did not work. The cameras WLAN was set up, the iPhone or IPad were connected to this WLAN, the App tried to connect but failed. Both times the camera switched from the WLAN menue to Liveview but froze immediately afterwords. Had to take out and reinsert  the battery to make it work again.

Testing the new app since the very beginning I had a few crashs of the App before but no camera freezes. 

• 2 weeks later...