Repair recommendations UK

DaveM3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I note that the repair FAQ is a little out of date but I am asking this question because I have had a mixed experience with repair of my set-up (Leica M3 + Type II 50mm DR Summicron).

I have used:

1) Sherry Krauter - body CLA after I bought camera (sending camera body from UK to USA was a bit of a pain)

2) Will van Manen Kamera-Service - replaced shutter cloth and general CLA

3) Cameraworks-uk - lens repair and CLA

Is there really anybody else left (in the UK preferably) who is reasonably priced (and I don't mean to say cheap!), efficient, responsive and most of all understands and carries out the correct procedures appertaining to Leica hardware and has the total confidence of people who employ them to do the job?

I think maybe I am asking a lot, I know.

• 9 months later...

Been waiting for my M2 for 9 months now and it‘s still in „awaiting repair“ mode.

Mails are not answered. I mean, I get the „we rather work on cameras than answering mails“ but still - how much does a short answer take? 30 seconds?

Edited by truando

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2018 at 12:27 PM, DaveM3 said:

I note that the repair FAQ is a little out of date but I am asking this question because I have had a mixed experience with repair of my set-up (Leica M3 + Type II 50mm DR Summicron).

I have used:

1) Sherry Krauter - body CLA after I bought camera (sending camera body from UK to USA was a bit of a pain)

2) Will van Manen Kamera-Service - replaced shutter cloth and general CLA

3) Cameraworks-uk - lens repair and CLA

Is there really anybody else left (in the UK preferably) who is reasonably priced (and I don't mean to say cheap!), efficient, responsive and most of all understands and carries out the correct procedures appertaining to Leica hardware and has the total confidence of people who employ them to do the job?

I think maybe I am asking a lot, I know.

I realise this is an old thread, but in case you are still around - I was wondering: what was the issue with those 3 companies? Did you get a service less than what you expected? I am asking because I also want to send my cameras to one of them...