Leica photokina News

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

“Currently, the Leica SL system in full format and the APS system with camera models Leica CL, TL2 and TLde use the lens mount”

What is a TLde ?

“Currently, the Leica SL system in full format and the APS system with camera models Leica CL, TL2 and TLde use the lens mount”

What is a TLde ?

Google translating a typo:

'Aktuell nutzt das Leica SL System im Vollformat sowie das APS-System mit den Kameramodellen Leica CL, TL2 und TLden Objektivanschluss.'

==>

'Aktuell nutzt das Leica SL System im Vollformat sowie das APS-System mit den Kameramodellen Leica CL, TL2 und TL den Objektivanschluss.'

• Like 2

Good move for Leica -- their advantage is lenses, and now they have guaranteed wider market. What makes the Leica digital different from the Panasonic? Menus, design, color palette (software driven) .... but the internals are not really theirs. And that's fine .... FF Panasonic designed for Leica L mount lenses sounds like a very good deal to me ... especially considering how well I see the R and M lenses work on my CL ... 

• Like 2

Do I recall it menitoned on this forum some time ago that the company said it had aspirations to enter the mobile phone market entirely on its own account eventually?

I think it is a Leica mobile phone.

There has already been the Leica watch.

John

Yes, it is a mobile telephone – and true to Leica's traditional values, it will have a separate battery and transmission unit which you carry on one hand and a handset which you carry on the other and which is connected to the main unit by a coiled cable.

We should now begin a discussion of what case you would like for it and also what would be the best strap
  • Like 1

Well I’ve been saying for years that Leica should look at making lenses in other mounts to increase their market. This opens up a new way into Leica fo those who will buy the Panasonic and Sigma products and might add Leica lenses in the future.

I know others here have said for years that Leica needs ‘entry level’ bodies, well it seems this is also a solution to that problem (pending further details of course).

They’ve worked with Sigma in the past too (and maybe they’re the mystical manufacturers of the TL lenses).

Smart move.

• Like 1