Leica photokina News

LUF Admin

This week from Wednesday til Saturday (September 26th-29th) photokina 2018 takes place in Cologne, Germany

The Leica Camera stand can be found in hall 2.2, more information available on the Leica Website 

http://en.leica-camera.com/World-of-Leica/Leica-at-photokina-2018

Tomorrow on Tuesday at 11.30 am (CET) a press conference takes place - and the announcement makes me curious:

In English: I think it will be a new 46MP version of the SL optimised for 8K video for the Olympics.

I'll report live from Cologne tomorrow!

What's your guess what Leica will announce?

Leica will stop production of film rangefinder cameras. (Film is the only thing that has been a constant in the 100 years)

It would be better to stop it with the Special Editions; that's what's making them look foolish. Not their legitimate heritage in an evidently (slightly) resurgent media.

I'll go with: "carefully" reduced price for their, now, single film camera. Bog standard M2 M-A, also available as ALC but with Leica-style-pricing to fit. Option for M7 Auto shutter is right out.

This week from Wednesday til Saturday (September 26th-29th) photokina 2018 takes place in Cologne, Germany

The Leica Camera stand can be found in hall 2.2, more information available on the Leica Website

http://en.leica-camera.com/World-of-Leica/Leica-at-photokina-2018

Tomorrow on Tuesday at 11.30 am (CET) a press conference takes place - and the announcement makes me curious:

In English:

I'll report live from Cologne tomorrow!

What's your guess what Leica will announce?

Do I recall it menitoned on this forum some time ago that the company said it had aspirations to enter the mobile phone market entirely on its own account eventually?

I think it is a Leica mobile phone.

There has already been the Leica watch.

John