Leica photokina News

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This week from Wednesday til Saturday (September 26th-29th) photokina 2018 takes place in Cologne, Germany

The Leica Camera stand can be found in hall 2.2, more information available on the Leica Website 

http://en.leica-camera.com/World-of-Leica/Leica-at-photokina-2018

Tomorrow on Tuesday at 11.30 am (CET) a press conference takes place - and the announcement makes me curious:

Wir freuen uns darauf, Ihnen Leica Produktneuheiten präsentieren zu können sowie auf eine in der mehr als 100-Jährigen Unternehmensgeschichte bisher beispiellose Ankündigung.

In English:

Unprecedented announcement in 100-year company history

I'll report live from Cologne tomorrow!

What's your guess what Leica will announce?

• Like 1

maybe the partnership with other Japanese companies

Seems the most likely "unprecedented" announcement. I'm not sure sharing a mount with Japanese manufacturers is totally without precedent – haven't Leica previously offered a camera in the Micro Four Thirds format? (and, of course, third party manufacturers have been producing M mount lenses for many years since the patent expired) – but I suppose it might be the first time a mount devised by Leica themselves has been opened up to other manufacturers in a more formal collaboration.

• Like 2

Huawei has bought Blackstone's shares in Leica..

...and the S3 is ready for delivery!

https://www.leica-camera.cn/photography/leica-s-series/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Given the success of L mount and APS' camera type, the M line is abandonned :rolleyes::unsure:

OK it is a bad joke..

Happy pictures to all.

Actually that would be an unprecedented announcement. The last true unprecedented announcement was in - what - 1954 when they announced the M3. The screw-mount was continued for a while including the wonderful IIIG. So the M10-P may be it sports fans. A totally new camera and lens mount will be announced.

Well, that or perhaps a new "softie". :-)