Help with printing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am printing on my Epson P807 printer using epson papers. I have started using Epson Print Layout but when I add a image to the template it looks like it is showing some areas are over sharpened........Is that what I am seeing or is it showing something else??

Neil

Screenshot%202018-09-22%2008.13.10.png?r

It looks to me like something you have brushed on. What development have you done?

if I remember I brushed in a Nik filter.....I don't recall adding additional sharpening.......it kind of looks like the Photoshop print module when there is an issue with Alf Garnett of black stuff

The bush and the giraffe’s legs look pixelated but there is so little data in the pictures in this forum I don’t think we can deduce much.

it's a 100 megapixel file with zero cropping

Neil

Will you two (Neil and Jeff) please, give it a rest?

Thank you 

(11 posts moderated in this thread)

I never said anything......I've already ignore them and it looks like Bill is helping me now

Neil

Not on the forum it isn't

Andy

I think what bill is saying is that the speckels are Due to pixelation.....what I'm saying is that the image is not pixelated as it's a full size 100 megapixel file printed on A2.......the speckels you see on the image I posted is the Epson image layout window before it goes to print so I'm assuming it's warning me about something but I don't know what the warning is about hence my question to the forum

Neil

I think you diagnosed it yourself: oversharpened. And when the printer software adds another dose of sharpening, this is the result.

the print is amazing so I guess It doesn't matter....but I was just curious

Neil

Back to the original question, aving been able to look at the image at 100%.

You probably won't see it on the print that much, but the problem here is that it is slightly front focused. The thornbush is bitingly sharp, but the Giraffe a bit softer. Sharpen to give some bite to the Giraffe and the bush is pushed over the top. Better would be to apply selective sharpening.