Exif Data

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have recently purchased a C-Lux which was released in June 2018. Being new, I cannot find a dedicated forum for this camera.

When I take a number of photos using different settings such as A, A+, P, Scenes etc, the exact method of taking the photo is displayed on the photo when I look at it in the camera but when I transfer it to my PC, the exif information on the actual program settings used to take the photo is missing.

It would be quite helpful to have this info in the exif data so that I can see the difference between taking photos (particularly of the same scene) and comparing the results.

Is this something that Leica would add in the future or is there some way to have this info included in the exif data.?

When you try to retrieve the EXIF data are you doing it by right clicking on a file or icon, or on a fully opened image.  With other cameras (I've never used the C-Lux) right clicking on the open image displays full EXIF data.

I am using Lightroom CC desktop version and it is supposedly showing all the exif info available. I have also used the Exiftool and get the same result.

I am rather disappointed in this camera as I find it difficult to get  pictures into focus properly which is why I was trying different settings.