Japanese Super Acall 3.5/135mm LTM lens

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't use my analog Leica cameras very much, and the digital system I use (Pentax) can't make use of M and LTM optics because of the very different register.

Though it happens that I see a lens that looks gorgeous to my eyes, and I cannot refrain from buying it...

It's a late Kyoei Super Acall f/3.5 135mm in LTM mount.

IIRC it is coupled, and comes with the original 135mm optical finder.

Mb9yqoe.jpg

Im curious to know if anybody tried this or other Acall lenses on their camera, and if there is any collector interest in early japanese lenses in Leica mount, apart from Canon's.

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestion. I have a certain knowledge about post-WWII small "third party" japanese lens makers, but I realise I know almost nothing about Leica-compatible optics. Substantially I always cared only about Asahi and M42 lenses in general.

LTM lenses have always been at the extreme edge of my radar.

It is fascinating, though. Any interesting link to expand my knowledge/understanding is more than welcome.

Cheers

Paolo

Edited by cyberjunkie

The first lens used on a Leica (the UR), was the Zeiss Kino Tessar F3.5 5 cm. I have no idea of its market price...but I knew I needed this lens, and it having a 1911 serial number, easy focus and pristine glass and brass made it a Bargain with an eBay BIN of $200. Also, on a historical note, it threaded right into the front of the Leitz Replica UR and when the inner barrel is pushed back to the top of the extended outer barrel, it is in focus! ?So was the UR “interchangeable lenses”? Did Oskar alternate between the 50 Tessar and the 42 Summar? BTW this UR is fully functional as a camera and the photos are excellent

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Ambro51

The first lens used on a Leica (the UR), was the Zeiss Kino Tessar F3.5 5 cm. I have no idea of its market price...but I knew I needed this lens, and it having a 1911 serial number, easy focus and pristine glass and brass made it a Bargain with an eBay BIN of $200. Also, on a historical note, it threaded right into the front of the Leitz Replica UR and when the inner barrel is pushed back to the top of the extended outer barrel, it is in focus! ?So was the UR “interchangeable lenses”? Did Oskar alternate between the 50 Tessar and the 42 Summar? BTW this UR is fully functional as a camera and the photos are excellent

just try an acall 135

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have some of the Acall lenses. I read that they may have been made by Komura of which I also have lens types. (The 36mm 1.8 is an interesting little guy)

I have never tried to compare any of the 135s in m39 mount but the Soligor is very good. The canon and the nikkor too. I'm not too concerned with sharpness. I mostly prefer whatever lens is lightest in my hand and doesn't unbalance the camera

The Acall finders are pretty decent too. Used to be able to buy Acall for nothing but collectors bought a lot of it up.