Waiting for the M10P. but did I get what I wanted?

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

IMO Leica should stop with these tricks and bring out serious upgrades only with new whole numbers

+1.

However, the new quiet shutter is very nice (albeit not essential), and for me the absence of the virtual horizon in the M10 was a mistake limiting the versatility of the camera. Touchscreen is neither here-nor there - I rarely use it on my SL.

Overall they are small incremental changes and certainly not enough to justify an upgrade from the M10.  They should have just put it all into the M10 from the outset.

• Like 1

They should have just put it all into the M10 from the outset.

Why, as long as they can sell a bunch at a premium, and late in cycle to boot? The question seems whether they could generate similar profits building in more features at the outset...but jacking up the launch price accordingly. Remember that they discounted the initial M10 price to get buzz, and shortly thereafter raised it. Methinks Leica knows its M customers, and how to profit off them.

Jeff

• Like 1

If the M11 is due out in about 2 years then that will be the time I may pick up a good used M10-P.

It will take me that long to save up the money as I can't stop buying lenses and Daido Moriyama books!

For now though my beautiful black M-P 240 is still the only love in my life.

How sad am I  :rolleyes:

I wonder if the quieter shutter is due to new dampeners which will degrade soon.

Having no inside knowledge on the matter, I would assume this to be polymers of some kind and not any metal brake (the sound simply is too soft and there would not be much room inside the M10 body for additional intricate contraptions in the first place).

It might turn into a decades long race which will give in first, the damping or the electronics. This is not an M3 from the days of yore ;)