I cannot make iphone app work

pico

Advertisement (gone after registration)

iPhone OS version 11.4.1

Leica M app: v1.1.1 b754

Camera firmware 2.4.5.0

I cannot make iphone app work, and I have followed the instructions. Am I just stupid? (not unlikely)

One thing, thing - iPhone app always comes up looking for my household router regardless if I choose to make the Leica a host (create WLAN)  and there seems no way to change it even if I delete then re-install the app.

Edited by pico

Is it a new, just purchased body? You should troubleshoot it now if so. My WiFi doesn’t work on M10, never has and I confirmed that with two Leica representatives. I am very superstitious and my M10 new was focusing perfectly with my M glass so I refused to exchange it for a new one, I never upload images mobile so it was of no use to me anyway. I know I will send the body at some point to Leica USA as I will keep her forever so when she goes for service they said they will fix it. Good luck.

iPhone OS version 11.4.1

Leica M app: v1.1.1 b754

Camera firmware 2.4.5.0

I cannot make iphone app work, and I have followed the instructions. Am I just stupid? (not unlikely)

One thing, thing - iPhone app always comes up looking for my household router regardless if I choose to make the Leica a host (create WLAN)  and there seems no way to change it even if I delete then re-install the app.

The Leica M app always tries to connect to the camera using the WiFi network to which the iPhone is already connected.

That is why your app tries to look at your household router in order to find the camera.

If you want to use the Leica host WLAN, you must go (in your iPhone): Settings->Wi-Fi and choose the WLAN you created in camera.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ckuwajima

[... snip good stuff ...]

If you want to use the Leica host WLAN, you must go (in your iPhone): Settings->Wi-Fi and choose the WLAN you created in camera.

Thanks for the help.

Did that, connected to camera's created WLAN and every time the iPhone drops the connection in a few seconds.

Did that, connected to camera's created WLAN and every time the iPhone drops the connection in a few seconds.

The same happened to me at first. I do not really know why and cannot recall how, but if fixed itself.

I am pretty sure the problem was not firmware related. Maybe interference from nearby access points or iPhone itself was roaming to a better WLAN to get internet access which M10 obviously cannot provide.