anrotil68

BEST Lens Mount Adapter Leica M Lens to Sony E-Mount

Another vote for the Voigtlander VM-E Close Focus Adapter which allows to focus 20cm closer more or less. 

The Novoflex NEX/LEM Adapter is also excellent, significantly lighter than the VM-E but it has no close focus feature.

I have a Metabones Adapter - straightforward, well made, works fine.

I have an expensive novoflex one and a cheap k&f concept one. Both do a perfect job.

Edited by SMAL

If you just want manual focus, I think Voigtlander is a good one, as described above. You may consider a Techart, which gives autofocus to your M lens and to R lens (light weight lens only). It is fun to use, and can allow additional close focus. The attached image is taken with a Sony A7RII, Summicron M 35mm (7 elements) on Techart, plus some LR adjustment

Edited by pkwok

No problem with Voigtlander and Novoflex adapters as suggested above. I have both but the Voigtlander is almost stuck to my A7s mod due to its close focus capabilities. Very handy to do close focusing w/o having to add or remove any adapter. Here with a Tele-Elmarit "thin" 90/2.8 at 80cm subject distance instead of 1m normally: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-FbZrNTf/0/baa5edc1/XL/i-FbZrNTf-XL.jpg

I have a pair of A7-2 bodies, my first adapter was the non-helicoid Voigtlander. Once I tried the Voigtlander helicoid close focus adapter, I put the original on the shelf and only carry a helicoid adapter on each body.

If you don't need the close focus function, it can be locked out.

Techart for the autofocus capabilities (can also be used in manual mode of course).

I sold my Voigtlander adapter for the Techart.

M-lenses with AF?

What a sacrilege ...

Techart for the autofocus capabilities (can also be used in manual mode of course).

I sold my Voigtlander adapter for the Techart.

Tech art is an iffy hobbled slow solution to autofocus an M lens.

Tech art is an iffy hobbled slow solution to autofocus an M lens.

Weird, works really well for me and I wouldn't call it "slow". 

You can even eye-autofocus on a A7III.

Again, it can be disabled and used as a "normal" adapter in manual mode with the press of a button.

M-lenses with AF?

What a sacrilege ...

its ingenious. For focal length longer than 35mm ir works very good.

A7Riii with the eyes-focus-function + Techart pro + Summilux75mm is a dream.

You nails the focus very relaxt, very precise with any aperture.

The Techart pro gives you some nice Macro posibilities as well. It works also with the peaking funktion to focus.

The Problems are with the wide angle lenses and Sony cameras.

But its a problem of the sensor and it is independent of the adapters you are using.

I recommand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-IBhIobs10

This is indeed a strength of the Sony E mount. Its register is short enough to fit adapters like VM-E and Techart which are out of reach of any Leica camera so far.